Cabo Rip

Advertising supports this site

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
Advertising supports this site

stewwalker

RDC Crypto
Houston, Kingsville, Rio Grande Valley, Austin, TX
I asked Cameron how to get in the loop a few years ago. From what he told me, it's a core group of guys and they save only a few spots for new riders. Invite only type of deal. He did try to sell me on the trail of missions, I respectfully declined.

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
The Rip is a long tough deal that’s invite only. You can get to know the group by doing one of the other rides, he does a ride called beach bash in Baja that’s open to pretty much anyone. The Beach Bash ride is pretty epic as it’s a fund raiser for an orphanage and normally Johnny Campbell and sometimes Ricky Brabec with the JCR guys are on the ride too. Not too many times a guy gets to ride with an 11x Baja 1000 winner and the only American to win the motos at Dakar. Cameron has several other Baja rides that you might be able to get on as well. Follow him and/or the desert assassins on Instagram or Facebook.

PS. If you have a Raptor type vehicle the trail of missions is an amazing time and a bunch of the guys on it are from the Rip to Cabo ride as well.

Last edited:

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
How does one go about becoming a part of the Cabo Rip ?
Howdy!

Thanks for asking. Indeed we are NOT a tour company and we are not soliciting riders but we do try and have space for a couple new riders when we can. Many of the core brothers have been on the trip more than a decade and we are in our 17th year.

The best way to Start riding with the group is to join July's Baja Beach Bash hosted by the DA, JCR (Johnny) and BPD. We have raised over $1,000,000 for the kids of Baja through BBB and we try and keep it open for some new riders.

A more direct route to Rip to Cabo (the name since 2012) is to have a know rider that is trusted vouch you in. This year we have our largest rookie group in many years with I think 8 riders. 2 of them have multiple SCORE championships so we know they aren't total squirrels. If a rider vouches someone in they are responsible to help that rider enjoy the experience and coach them if/as needed. Each rookie has an assigned veteran to help answer questions.

Our rides are a cruise and we do not race all day. We are in Baja to share with the locals and enjoy the beauty while feeling like kids popping wheelies.

I hope this helps and thanks for the interest. What and where do you ride now?

Brapppppppp

Crowd Pleaser

RDC Crypto
Howdy!

Thanks for asking. Indeed we are NOT a tour company and we are not soliciting riders but we do try and have space for a couple new riders when we can. Many of the core brothers have been on the trip more than a decade and we are in our 17th year.

The best way to Start riding with the group is to join July's Baja Beach Bash hosted by the DA, JCR (Johnny) and BPD. We have raised over $1,000,000 for the kids of Baja through BBB and we try and keep it open for some new riders.

A more direct route to Rip to Cabo (the name since 2012) is to have a know rider that is trusted vouch you in. This year we have our largest rookie group in many years with I think 8 riders. 2 of them have multiple SCORE championships so we know they aren't total squirrels. If a rider vouches someone in they are responsible to help that rider enjoy the experience and coach them if/as needed. Each rookie has an assigned veteran to help answer questions.

Our rides are a cruise and we do not race all day. We are in Baja to share with the locals and enjoy the beauty while feeling like kids popping wheelies.

I hope this helps and thanks for the interest. What and where do you ride now?

Brapppppppp
I remember several years ago when the Rip riders ended up at the Me Cabo while I was there with my wife. I went back to my room that had a hot tub on the patio only to see it full of riders and and Mr. Steele (#PAB dad) was right in the middle. I smiled and said just don't pee in it!!! It was pretty cool to see all the bikes and chase vehicles that far south.