CAD 3-link

CHASE550

Reaction
I was playing on auto-cad 2000 and ended up with this 3-link just wanted to get some opinions of it. The rearend is lame but that was just to tie it together. Hope you like it!

Attachments

• 61392-3-link.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 740

tedmales

Reaction
the shock pivots need to be below the centerline of the mounting points of the lower links. see lowerlinks 101. cool ideas, just needs a little more research if you were going to build it.

DuffcoDan

Reaction
not enough info there. the upper link looks too long... it should be about 2/3-3/4 the length of lower link.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
The upper link looks cool but a simple "V" shape is much more rigid, lighter, and easier to make.

Ryan B

Reaction
I can,t really tell but it looks like your lower heim on the center link is mounted vetically. I you are willing to spend a little more time you should mount the heim so it lays horizontially so that the bolt is verticle. This wiil help alot on a three link design because the lateral force pressed against the rear end while cornering is almost all transfered to the lower mount on the center link whick will try and push the race out of the heim.
hope this helped good luck with your project.

Dylan

Reaction
You might also want to look into making the lower links closer together on the frame than the axle to give it some good roll steer characteristics. “Roll under steer “
Check out the July issue of Petersen’s 4 wheel for more info