Cadillac Ext Lift?

V8Ranger

Reaction
My neighbor was interested in lifting his new Cadillac Ext but he was told that he can't do it because of some sort of sensor which is tripped when the vehicle is lifted. Anyway's, does anyone know of a lift or has anyone seen one lifted?

Thanks,
Matt

SDranger

Reaction
isnt that Just like an avalance w/o plastic? if so ive seen lots of those(avalanches) lifted so i woulnt think theres any problem.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

martininsocal

Reaction
The sensors he refers to may not be related to lift, but to the abs as it relates to larger tires. Also could be related to the fuel delivery system and slower trans speeds with larger tires. Damn all these new electronics anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your gonna go, go BIG

V8Ranger

Reaction
Well from what I understand there is some sort of sensor which is activated when either the front axles or front drive shaft angles change from the stock position. Once the sensor is triggered 60% of power is transfered to the front wheels. This doesn't make sense to me, and it mat or may not be what happens but this is what he was told by the company that was going to put the lift on.

Also I guess this feature is only on the caddy's so the Avalanche model's must be different.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Speaking of nice SUV's that are lifted, have you guys ever seen the black Riviera Navigator that is lifted with all the T.V's and stuff? It is pretty sick! I think it was Mark Post who was driving it at the 500 after he got out of the TT.

See ya in the dirt!