Cajon Pass Fire

1992f150

Reaction
Not too sure on the details of this fire, but will it cause problems for the lucerne race on sat?
Thought I heard they had the 15 closed.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

desertracer

Reaction
We were coming back from testing on sunday up in Barstow and the fire was just getting started. We were heading south, just past the truck scales, and the fire was in the median and all up the east side of the freeway. It was a amazing sight to see. Hopefully the fire fighters can get it contained. I hope this does not force us to take the long way out to Lucerne next weekend.

MDR #112

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
re:"I hope this does not force us to take the long way out to Lucerne next weekend. "

Not to mention all of us heading out to the Nevada 1000 tomorow!

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of Time"</font color=red>

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: Not to mention all of us heading out to the Nevada 1000 tomorow!

As of this morning the pass is open on the 15 both ways. I think the fire is kind of heading towards Summit Valley right now. The air tankers fill up just down the street for my shop and their going nonstop right now. Lots of big iron going over the shop and rattling the windows. :-0

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Jack

Reaction
I have a link though work, but cant seem to post it of a live trafic cam of the pass looking south just north of 138 and it was open at 2:00 but there are no cars there now so must be closed again now at 3:15.

Timberwlf

Reaction
Heres some information I got off the CHP Online CAD System.

"As of 15:30 PDT, the USFS "Blue Cut" Incident Command is advising Caltrans that
they expect I-15 to remain closed in both directions over Cajon Pass, between San Bernardino & Barstow, at least until 12:00 midnight tonight, Monday 6/17.'

Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck

ONE_RJ

Reaction
i live in the Cajon pass area (a.k.a. Oak Hills) and they are requesting us to evacuate the area, they say that the pass will be closed for a long time( who knows how long) because the fire jumped the freeway about 4:30 in the afternoon and raced up the hillside, will keep you guys posted

Louis

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Picture this: Tues morning, driving through cajon pass (to the nv1k) with 300+ gallons of VP in drums in the bed of my truck, while 15 foot flames (well maybe 10') are on both sides of the freeway. No need for coffee after that!

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of Time"</font color=red>

mgobaja

Reaction
We were about 30 minutes ahead of the All Ways racing crew on the way up the Cajon Pass. I called Tim Mow on their crew a few times on my Nextel to give him updates on the fire situation. Kinda Creepy.