Calentura (Cross over trail) GPS file?

TecateRay

What happened to looking at a map like the AAA? The Calentura route doesn’t really take complex navigation.
There are numerous other maps as well.

TecateRay

Thanks for wasting your time typing out your snarky reply.
More sad than snarky. Totally digitizing Baja travel removes some of the “adventure “ and effort that gives Baja trips a bit of an edge.
A good map and the ability to use it should be a required backup for your electronics.

OFFRD-JNKIE

It's not like he's the first one to do it and ruining some sacred trail.
He's more than likely working on a chase plan for a race team and looking for a map that he can put into a gps so the team isn't driving around on race day trying to figure out how to get to the crossover...

TecateRay

It's not like he's the first one to do it and ruining some sacred trail.
He's more than likely working on a chase plan for a race team and looking for a map that he can put into a gps so the team isn't driving around on race day trying to figure out how to get to the crossover...
You’ve got a good point re getting a chase team around with no time to spare. I should probably put my statement in a different forum, especially this close to the race.

masleca

Thanks Jnkie........I was just trying to help a brother out......
BTW TecateRay this is all VERY VERY public information for anyone to just go grab, but I do agree about the "adventure" going out of Baja with all of the digitization.
I'm just trying to mix my old world with the New :)

The 1st time I drove the cross-over was in 1988. I was by myself and my friend's dad said "...drive on this road for about 35 miles, don't stop until you hit more pavement (you should be able to make it in the dually) and I'll meet you on the other side later tonight..."
I WAS SCARED SH!TLE55 the whole way !!!!!