• Forum membership has its advantages....

cali corr races

stretch104

whos gonna go to the upcoming corr racing in chula vista? is anybody going to be running the prolite class here? i was thinking about racing it for fun and was wondering if there where gonna be any other trucks out there that aren't up to par with the spec chassis prolite trucks and are gonna go out there and have some fun.

Brutpwr

The truck I crew for was not ready for the CORR races in Chula Vista last year although we did work around the clock for a month trying to get it ready...too many work hours and too many big projects we were in the middle of reconstructing the truck and engine prevented us from making the last two races. We would like to race our "older" ex Sportsman and now only legal in Pro 2 truck we have been occasionally racing here on the west coast the last 10 years in the desert and at some stadium type tracks at one of the upcoming CORR races in the Pro 2 class. I'm pretty sure we will get lapped! We have raced with Carl R.'s Pro 2 truck 3 years ago down south in the same race but he was in a different class and he was so much quicker than us. We will need to build an engine with 200+ more HP to be even somewhat close to competitive as we are a bit overweight and a bit tall compared to todays standards.

Jason :)

Brutpwr

...Billy M.
Is your 7 truck legal for Corr? Are you planning on racing there now that there are no "Desert" classes?

DJ Jeffrey

when is the coor race in chula vista

EOR1488

I am racing pro-lite doing the whole series my truck is nice but a little out dated really hope I can do well though.

Chase 2

younggunracer said:
I am racing pro-lite doing the whole series my truck is nice but a little out dated really hope I can do well though.
Is that one of the old Venable/Rough Rider trucks from the Mickey Thompson Stadium series?

PatrickW

DJ Jeffrey said:
when is the coor race in chula vista

May 20-21 Chula Vista, CA Pro Series

July 22-23 Chula Vista, CA Pro Series

Sept. 23-24 Chula Vista, CA Pro Series

Oct. 21-22 Chula Vista, CA Pro Series

billymanfroy

Brutpwr said:
...Billy M.
Is your 7 truck legal for Corr? Are you planning on racing there now that there are no "Desert" classes?

Nooop. There is nothing CORR legal about our truck. It's built to the SCORE Class 7 open rules, and that includes the 4.5L V6 and 78" wide. Oh well. We are seriously considering beginning work on a real Pro-2 chassis. Have to finish my truck (and the Cobra kit-car and Turbo 510 first, though)

I hear Lance is ready for a drag race?!? Count me in. We'll have to bang doors on Saturday at Sacto. BTW, John will be racing against you guys in my truck in Class 1. Good times!!!

Billy

BAPerf

younggunracer said:
Was that truck raced in CORR before?

HUBBARD

count me in. also racing vorra april 1-2 for some more testing time. i talked to scott today at corr he said someone is working on doing a test only track at 395 raceway.

Anubis

how many of you cali guys are gonna run the races back here?.....you at least gotta run crandon and bark river once.......see what ya can do in the long jump contest:D :D
renezeder has the current record at 212ft in his pro2 but the lites fly better if ya get a good run.....just watch out for the wall on re-entry:eek:
side note: :D :D whats up BA?

Brutpwr

212 ft! Wow...that's twice what I've jumped on my dirt bike. Almost can't imagine going that far in a truck!

hoeker

i was third overall in the bark river jump contest that year with only 155 ft; 200 and you need to be dialed in perfect or the jump won't be the most exciting ride of the day!!!

BAPerf

Anubis said:
how many of you cali guys are gonna run the races back here?.....you at least gotta run crandon and bark river once.......see what ya can do in the long jump contest:D :D
renezeder has the current record at 212ft in his pro2 but the lites fly better if ya get a good run.....just watch out for the wall on re-entry:eek:
side note: :D :D whats up BA?
How are your two trucks coming along? Coming along a little on the slow side here. Spending too much time on an engine for another Pro-Lite racer.

henry

Brutpwr wrote:
We would like to race our "older" ex Sportsman and now only legal in Pro 2 truck
Why is your truck no longer legal for Sportsman 2? Is it because of the engine rule change several years back?