• Forum membership has its advantages....

Calling all CLASS 1's!!! SNORE PAYS more!!!

bigbrent

So what's the rule for snore? Cuz I was planning on doing the same thing this year due to the Patrick signs bonuses. Buuuut it looks like its frowned upon lol

C.J. Hutchins

So what's the rule for snore? Cuz I was planning on doing the same thing this year due to the Patrick signs bonuses. Buuuut it looks like its frowned upon lol
We are looking into to possibly changing the rule, to make class 1 irs only. I thought maybe a couple 6100's might jump on the opportunity at the SNORE 250 but no one did. only a half million dollar plus TT did it. I dont blame Adam at all for doing what he did. he was 100% legal in his actions. It is a bummer for the buggy guys as that purse has a much greater impact on their budget than it does to a big TT team. Had Adam raced TT class he still would have taken home the $2500 overall bonus we had up.

householder

Sorry if I hurt some of these guys feelings. I used the Snore 250 race as a test. We put a new Ablins gear box in the TT at the beginning of ther year. We put 170 miles testing on it the week before and then wanted to put good race miles on it. I was not going to show up with a body to tear up since we had to leave 4 days later for the Best in the Desert Laughlin race, which the testing paid off because we won TT overall. Normally I race our One car when we show up to race Snore. Don't worry guys next time I come to race I will have the Class One and we can do battle again

Bro_Gill

Class 1 is for UNLIMITED buggies. He had no fenders. He had open wheels. He won. Don't be so Jello, just go out and beat him next time.

michael.gonzalez

So much this. If any class 1 teams are complaining about Adam's entry, they obviously need one of these:
-a faster car
-a better driver
-a pacifier

(DISCLAIMER: I have no room to talk because I have not raced Class 1 and I do not own a Class 1 car)

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Even you said the keyword...its a "buggy class". A buggy does not have a solid rear axle, never has and never will.
Are you trying to tell me that the Chenowth Super Sprint, the Mickey Thompson class 1 cars, and several others were not ever buggies according to your rules?

Rcamp99

Are you trying to tell me that the Chenowth Super Sprint, the Mickey Thompson class 1 cars, and several others were not ever buggies according to your rules?
Dude, you must be so fun to be around. 😂
In today’s day and age, I can see more solid axle trucks entering as class 1‘s as they become phased out by the 4wd trucks.

Bro_Gill

And, what is wrong with that? It's an unlimited class. The rule to ban solid axle cars was to force vehicles like the Land Shark INTO Trophy Truck so they would have higher entry numbers. If a straight axle vehicle is fastest and you run it in class 1 without fenders as an open wheel, how is that wrong? Class 1 was suppose to be for the fastest vehicles in the desert. Never said anything about 'must be IRS' when real men raced it.

BajaFand

I have to agree, I can’t ever recall class 1 having the word “buggy” in the title for any series. SCORE always branded them “Ulimited Open Wheel Vehicles”. By that definition they could be literally anything and be faster and more exotic than TT’s. But, at least in SCORE the class decided it wants to stay in the past. If you show up to race an unlimited class I don’t think you have any room to complain when an unlimited car beats you.

Disclaimer: I don’t have anything to race myself so I’m in the same boat as bro_gill. However, this just seems like common sense. I’m also a big fan of truggies. Who doesn’t love the Land Shark?

Robin Hood

There is no such thing as an unlimited class...they all have rules and regulations. If unlimited is "unlimited" then let all unlimited vehicles qualify and race against each other!

We have unlimited trucks, unlimited old guy trucks, unlimited UTV, Unlimited Motos, Unlimited Sportsman...so what is wrong with allowing the buggies to stay buggies and be unlimited?

If unlimited is "unlimited" then why is there so many unlimited classes.🤷‍♂️

Out of one side of the mouth it is too dangerous to mix class ones and TT, but if you want to take off the fenders, then its all good and saftey is apparently no longer an issue. Class one is a buggy class, just like TT is a truck class.

I don't want class one to become just another TT class without fenders and we don't need another unlimited truck classes. It would be TT, 50+ TT and NF-TT.

Last edited:

J BomBer

I guess the Land Shark also wasn't a class 1...
nope, a TT without a body in the real world, just like Ivans "truck" was a buggy with a truck body.

so if i put a truck body on my 1600 car does that turn it into a truck?

Kyle D

Messer raced “truck” 7247 and won pretty much always but it had CV’s in the rear. I think it was a 2400 (6200 now) car that they put a truck body on.

J BomBer

It would not be open wheel so you couldn't race 1600 anymore.
not in 1600, but in a truck class, especially if it doesn’t say it has to have a solid rear axle.

michael.gonzalez

Yes. Putting a truck body on your 1600 makes it into a truck (a non-open wheel vehicle)

There is nothing wrong with a 1600 putting a truck body on and entering TT. You'll just lose.

Actually, a 1600 with a truck body might be class 3000 legal.
(Class 3000 is unique in that it is the ONLY class to allow open-wheel and non-open wheel)