Calling BITD, and Legacy and SNORE, 6800 rules

critter81

Reaction
Can any of these organizations confirm a 6800 class for 2021...

Meaning the OLD 6100 class rules, 37 inch tires, no under drive, 430 motor?

I am sure there are others out there with trucks to these specifications and the ones like me need a decision..

When I talked with Legacy they mentioned I needed to call the folks at trophy light to see if they would let my truck race and that they were controlling the rules....

Frye Racing

Reaction
Can any of these organizations confirm a 6800 class for 2021...

Meaning the OLD 6100 class rules, 37 inch tires, no under drive, 430 motor?

I am sure there are others out there with trucks to these specifications and the ones like me need a decision..

When I talked with Legacy they mentioned I needed to call the folks at trophy light to see if they would let my truck race and that they were controlling the rules....
Ya I feel your pain. We tried getting BITD to create a new class for the old 6100 rules. We had about 7-8 7200 trucks that wanted those old rules so they could put a V8 in their trucks and revive that class and provide a place for old 6100s to run as well. It would have salvage a bunch of racers. But sadly BITD didn't want or care for the feed back of the majority of the racers and opted to kill the old 6100 rules by basically giving them to TL. So 7200 has been killed by the unlimited turbo engine change and the old 6100 trucks have been killed by those recent changes. I believe the MINT is the only one left that still has the old 6100 class and the old rules.

desertspeed

Reaction
Ya I feel your pain. We tried getting BITD to create a new class for the old 6100 rules. We had about 7-8 7200 trucks that wanted those old rules so they could put a V8 in their trucks and revive that class and provide a place for old 6100s to run as well. It would have salvage a bunch of racers. But sadly BITD didn't want or care for the feed back of the majority of the racers and opted to kill the old 6100 rules by basically giving them to TL. So 7200 has been killed by the unlimited turbo engine change and the old 6100 trucks have been killed by those recent changes. I believe the MINT is the only one left that still has the old 6100 class and the old rules.
If you have a 7200 come race in 4700. There are now two previously 7200 trucks racing in the class and V8s are allowed. We run the 525hp LS3 for cost and reliability but most of the others in the class have race motors.

Avg speeds are competitive with 7200 and the class is growing. You can race as is or put in a V8.

Pee Wee

Reaction
Check Jeepspeed website. They run BITD schedule this year and have for a while. Things could change in the future.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Are the Jeep Speed 3700 and 4700 classes still "no nerfing" classes? Only asking for the Mint 400, as I see they put both classes in front of 1450 class again. Last year our whole class (1450) caught the few Jeep Speed vehicles before the lake bed. I happened to be the 1450 truck in front, and knowing historically Jeep Speed was a "no nerf" class, I had to hold back. Meanwhile I got nerfed and truck behind me got nerfed, as they didn't the Jeep Speeds were up there. Once we all hit the lakebed, it was a 4 wide drag race passing the Jeep Speeds. I'm still going to request we start ahead of these classes, but would like to know if it doesn't happen. They don't seems like a "Jeep" class at all.

Advantage West

Reaction
Can't tell you how many times at The Mint I've been buried in UTV guys that wouldn't get out of the way either. Your only as fast as the class in front of you allows you to be at that time, in the blue light world on the first lap. Jeepspeed in general keeps the nerfing under control. In 4700 we do nerf and get nerfed. We do not run a blue light and as the class rep I would never advocate for it. These trucks should not have a blue light with the speeds we run. 3700 is right on the border of blue light speed wise, so no nerfing in 3700. Your not going to see the top 4700 teams at The Mint as we all run BITD seasons.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Can't tell you how many times at The Mint I've been buried in UTV guys that wouldn't get out of the way either. Your only as fast as the class in front of you allows you to be at that time, in the blue light world on the first lap. Jeepspeed in general keeps the nerfing under control. In 4700 we do nerf and get nerfed. We do not run a blue light and as the class rep I would never advocate for it. These trucks should not have a blue light with the speeds we run. 3700 is right on the border of blue light speed wise, so no nerfing in 3700. Your not going to see the top 4700 teams at The Mint as we all run BITD seasons.
Gotcha, thanks for the info.