Camaro Trophy Truck

Dmoney796

RDC Crypto
I want to know why that car is allowed to race in that class? It has a truck chasis but I thought every vehicle in that class has to resemble a truck. Did the rules change?

Chase 2

RDC Crypto
Because it has a tube chassis, unlimited engine, suspension, and a fiberglass body.

Here is a TT chassis, please tell me how you know that is a truck?

Householdertt.jpg

If a Camaro fiberglass body panels are put on it why shouldn't it be allowed to race in the same class as if it had truck body panels?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
RDC Crypto
Website
www.canonbaja.com
I want to know why that car is allowed to race in that class? It has a truck chasis but I thought every vehicle in that class has to resemble a truck. Did the rules change?

dude, you're bringing up a very old subject.......let alone about a TT that hasn't raced in a long time.....

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
dude, you're bringing up a very old subject.......let alone about a TT that hasn't raced in a long time.....

True but is he talking about the zorro tt. I thought I saw it at the last 1000 and maybe 500?

BrandMattice

RDC Crypto
Because it has a tube chassis, unlimited engine, suspension, and a fiberglass body.

Here is a TT chassis, please tell me how you know that is a truck?

Householdertt.jpg

If a Camaro fiberglass body panels are put on it why shouldn't it be allowed to race in the same class as if it had truck body panels?

Because it is called Trophy TRUCK. The answer to this gentlemans legitimate question is in the first reply. TT teams signed a petition accepting the Camaro in. Class 1 and tt both have tube chassis, similar engines etc but would it be acceptable for a TT to compete in C1?

jrtorres

RDC Crypto
Because it is called Trophy TRUCK. The answer to this gentlemans legitimate question is in the first reply. TT teams signed a petition accepting the Camaro in. Class 1 and tt both have tube chassis, similar engines etc but would it be acceptable for a TT to compete in C1?

Herbst Truggy?

Tipracer

RDC Crypto
open wheel = buggy...zorro was allowed to race because all drivers in TT signed off on his petition..

steveG

RDC Crypto
It's definitely a legit question and I'm sure he just didn't know it has already been beat to death. As cool as I think the Camaro is, I don't think it should be allowed to race as a Trophy Truck.

steveG

RDC Crypto
I hear what you're saying, but they did make a separate "truck" series and I've never heard of a car running with them... We could go around and around (haha) all day, but for me it just comes down to the fact that the truck (bodied) race CARS look cooler going through the rough.

BrandMattice

RDC Crypto
Herbst Truggy?[/QUOTE

The topic here is not about whats under the body, but what body is on it. I know what you might be after but you only helped prove my point. I just said how we can all see how similar the two classes are, but nobody would accept one or the other in their class without the appropriate body. The Truggy is open wheel. It is unlimited. They chose to ditch the CV's and move the motor in an unlimited fashion. It does not resemble a truck. ....body-wise ;)

El_Dude

RDC Crypto
the last couple of races he hal El Camino fenders in the back.. so i guess that make it a truck.. i spoke to Cervantes at a Crower Cams event he mentioned that they were building a new top of the line pre runner.. but no throphy truck..

flatblack

RDC Crypto
what about jesse james chevy luv. it doesnt look like anything that was ever produced by gm.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
what about jesse james chevy luv. it doesnt look like anything that was ever produced by gm.

HAs anyone confirmed it is a chevy luv? I know I said I heard thats what it was supposed to be but,,,:confused: