• Forum membership has its advantages....

Camburg Hubs. Opinions Wanted

Anybody on here run Camburgs 2.25" rear hubs? Any opinions on them? I'm looking for a set of hubs, Camburgs are $1600 while most others I've came across are around $3000 or more. Are they pretty durable hubs that can take some hard abuse or should I step up and spend the extra $1400 to run the larger 2.9" Cones or 2.5" Pro Am's or the larger 3.25" Camburgs ? They're going on a 1450 style truck with 37's and manual trans, probably around 5000 lbs, 525 Ft lbs/horses. Building the truck for the dunes so it will see quite a bit of air time.. Open to any other suggestions as well.

Dezert00Taco

What about other 2.5" hubs? For the power and tire size I'd run 2.5's for sure. Try checking out blitzkrieg motorsports or desert specialties. Should be around the 2000 dollar range for rear hubs.

Jerry Zaiden

Camburg 2.250" hubs have won many races and championships in class 8, 7200 and more. They are $1395.00 for 35 or 40 spline. There are plenty of trucks race and KOH style with 500hp engines running with zero issues.

We also have a new 2.5" wide spread hub kit starting at $1895.00 for 5 on 5.5 and 6on5.5 bolt circles and $2195.00 for 6on6.5" bolt circle. They come with TT wheel studs as well.

And our 3.25" Trophy Truck hub kit is $3195.00 if you want the strongest setup. I feel both our 2.5" hub kit or TT hub kit would be your better choice. Just depends on if you are running 40spline or the larger 36spline TT axles.

Jerry, I was checking out your link..... so the hub kit is 2,195.00 plus spindle snouts? how much are the spindles? Whats the distance between the bearings?

Jerry Zaiden

Jerry, I was checking out your link..... so the hub kit is 2,195.00 plus spindle snouts? how much are the spindles? Whats the distance between the bearings?
The 5 on 5.5 and 6 on 6.5 bolt pattern hubs are $1895.00. The Trophy Truck 6 on 6.5 pattern hubs are $2195.00. I will get the distance and post up.

51rcr

whatever you can afford. I recommend looking for a complete rear end close to your width for a good price. Then you get braced, hubs, axles, brake rotors maybe even calipers. Third member also. Cheaper and easier in the long run. Lots are ditching out the 40 splines now so there getting cheaper used.

Jerry Zaiden

My truck is a 1450 35" tires maybe 300 hp at wheels

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app
Really comes down to what you can afford. We have plenty of customers with 2 1/4" that have 400hp with great results and we have customers with 2.5" hubs with under 300hp. 2.5" is better and if you can affrod it go that route. If you are on a budget 2 1/4" is just fine.

Keep in mind out\r 2.5" is a wide spread 2.5". Our 2.250" is wider than the commonly used 2.5" "Grand National" setup and stronger. The 2.5" GN setup is common on pro-lite trucks etc. the GN 2.5" is a very narrow spread.

dags777

Really comes down to what you can afford. We have plenty of customers with 2 1/4" that have 400hp with great results and we have customers with 2.5" hubs with under 300hp. 2.5" is better and if you can affrod it go that route. If you are on a budget 2 1/4" is just fine.

Keep in mind out\r 2.5" is a wide spread 2.5". Our 2.250" is wider than the commonly used 2.5" "Grand National" setup and stronger. The 2.5" GN setup is common on pro-lite trucks etc. the GN 2.5" is a very narrow spread.
Gday Jerry, im building a diff for my truck in Australia. I think it would be 1450 class equivalent over there. we run factory chassis and cab, 6 litre engine, whatever suspension you want.
I want to run 2.5" floater hubs with 35 spline axles ont he diff build. is that something you can supply and send to Aust?? if so what do you need to get started on pricing??

Dirtracer 619

We just picked up our new housing and hubs from Camburg Pretty cool to have front and back matching hubs cant wait to get back at it. Thanks everyone at Camburg for all the help getting us going again

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert