• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Camburg Racing's bad luck at the 2015 BITD Vegas to Reno race. Also thank you Joe DeLucie

Jerry Zaiden

Here is the in-car video of us and the huge rock we hit in the sand wash at mm75. After hitting the rock we sat there for 4 hours until Joe DeLucie pulled us off the rock. Thanks Joe!

Last edited:

R_TAYLOR

I got highcentered on a rock just like that coming down the rumarosa in 95 i think it was.I shoulda got out and pushed over instead of trying to drive over it.Herbst class one was behind me and wasnt happy having to wait as we jacked up the truck to dislodge it.

Desert Son

A couple questions. How did the new jack system work? (AGM system)? Could you have stacked rocks on top of each other and used both jacks at once? Do you not carry a spare drive line on the truck? Oh, one more. Is that Dan Bilzerian ?

Jerry Zaiden

Who was driving?
Alex Figge

A couple questions. How did the new jack system work? (AGM system)? Could you have stacked rocks on top of each other and used both jacks at once? Do you not carry a spare drive line on the truck? Oh, one more. Is that Dan Bilzerian ?
Jacks worked great but not for this huge rock. Alex and Russell both stacked rocks and used the jacks to get it close but we still needed to get pulled backwards off the rock. Yes we had a spare drive shaft. And no that is Alex Figge.

Robin Hood

Here is the in-car video of us and the huge rock we hit in the sand wash at mm75. After hitting the rock we sat there for 4 hours until Joe DeLucie pulled us off the rock. Thanks Joe!

I am available to drive your truck at the 1000.

I'll promise you two things.... I won't do that and I won't sit there for 4 hours:rolleyes:

Jangaard

Wow, the rock did not look big until you showed it at the end of the video. Did your front skid plate snag and unearth it rolling it up onto the top of the dirt or something? Could you see a big hole where you pulled it out of the ground?

Moss2

Wow. What kind of luck was Joe Deluci having to be four hours down at 75miles. Could have dug a truck size hole in 4 hours. Nobody will pull you if you are playing with cameras instead of holding the attached strap in your hand.

Last edited:

Rick 1634

Talk about being stuck on a rock in a hard place.

Zac Reish

It seems like 1 of 2 things was happening in the video. 1 the driver is afraid of rolling the truck from turning too sharp or 2 the truck does not want to turn. The stability and speed in a straight line looked impressive.

johndjmix

Can you give us a link for those of us that do not have Facebook? Most all of my buddies have closed their FB accounts (and according to Google a lot of people are leaving FB)

--john

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Chris Tobin

What are you guys running for a drive shaft? What material, diameter, wall thickness and U-joint series???

That was a huge rock, bummer for you guys...

John Bitting

Administrator
Can you give us a link for those of us that do not have Facebook? Most all of my buddies have closed their FB accounts (and according to Google a lot of people are leaving FB)

--john

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com
Thread derail.. Last weeks news.
Facebook draws 1 billion users in a single day
http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/27/9217607/facebook-one-billion-daily-active-users

Back to thread. Did the rock get dislodged by him braking and nose diving the truck? Was there no time to steer hard right to avoid it? I have never driven a race truck so I dont know the reaction time or how all the other classes got over around it. Was it just bad timing/luck?

green787

Those kind of rocks climb up out of the ground during the race, and pop up at the last second.... They like to tear your 3rd member clean out, and leave your wrapped Deavers unwrapped 100 feet behind you....

BANNED4LIFE

why did truck DNF??? and why does jerry CONTINUE to be driver of record and NEVER drive???? will the POSING ever stop????