camburg spindles???

atomic_mc

Reaction
i was looking at these ranger spindles in offroad mag and was wondering if they are made of 4130 and if the lower uniball plates that look like 3/8" is 4130??? just trying to get some material info for my own spindles??

atomic_mc

Reaction
sorry heres the pic

Attachments

• 0904or_07_z+camburg_engineering_long_travel_kit+custome_steering_knuckle_show_2.jpg
    0904or_07_z+camburg_engineering_long_travel_kit+custome_steering_knuckle_show_2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 592

diondion1

Reaction
COMON JERRY HOOK HIM UP WITH THE CAD PROGRAM ITS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS SPENT BIG BIG BIG $ TESTING AND DEVELOPING LOL I THINK THIS GUY IS FROM CHINA (chinese r&d rip off and duplicate )I GET GUYS COME IN ALL THE TIME WANTING ME TO COPY THINGS AND THEN THEY SAY DONT SCREW IT UP OR ANYTHING BECOUSE I WANT TO RETURN IT THIS HAPPENS IN ALL INDUSTRIES BUT IT IS GETTING REAL BAD IN THE OFFROAD INDUSTY. WE ALWAYS SAY NO DEVELOP YOUR OWN PRODUCT AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE I HAVE HAD YOUR SPINDLES BROUHT TO OUR SHOP 3 TIMES SO FAR THIS YEAR

atomic_mc

Reaction
no jerry not at all. im building vertical uniball spindles and was wondering if that was 3/8 4130 for the lower or cr. im debating on welding 3/8 cr to an all 4130 spindle. if that is 4130 i was wondering where u would get something like that cuz the thickest 4130 plate ive seen is 1/4 inch and dion needs to back off

atomic_mc

Reaction
not looking to copy anybodys ideas just looking at materials cuz i will have to order what ever i need living in colorado and the reason i chose these is they are a proven product and i cant afford a snout block nor do they make one for vertical uniball spindles

diondion1

Reaction
i am sorry atomic mc was not singling you out after re reading it it came across bad toward you i am very sorry i would offer you some 3/8 4130 plate but you are in grand junction a little far i am sure you can find it pretty easy up there agian sorry good luck with the project

atomic_mc

Reaction
its cool man. yeah the reason ive been asking for stuff like this where i came from our cad guy was doing all the stress testing, adding gussets and stuff here and their to insure strength so i have an idea but now im more of a garage fabricator and am trying to spend as little time and redoing of trial and error. so they do make 3/8 4130 i will have to shop around