camera question

SteveS

How do you keep , mud and dust off your in car camera lense. do you know where to get one of the systems that rolls clear film past the lense ?
Thanks Steve

G Goorsky

I just put mine were mud cant get to it and when i put it in the class 1 car i make sure it is in reach of the co-driver to wipe it. The rule of thumb for that is wipe your helmet wipe the camera.

SteveS

thats what i thought the answer might be, i was hoping that someone has made roll offs for cameras. Thanks

hoeker

thats what i thought the answer might be, i was hoping that someone has made roll offs for cameras. Thanks
the guys CORR (under marty reid) used for on boards had excellent roll offs made for their cameras. they were all custom made and he was continuously improving them. he said it added over 5 grand to the cost of the camera and with all the custom machined aluminum parts and owning a cnc machine shop i wasn't surprised at the price.

SteveS

i made two stops today, one at tap plastics and the other at the local KTM shop.
about 100 worth o stuff. when i finish the box for the camera and roll bar mount i will take it back to tap they will mold my design and add holes to screw in the roll offs i got from the mc shop . the first version will be manuel then i will work on a motorized version