Cameras on new wiring of prerunner.

SICK BAJA

RDC Crypto
In Process of having my Pre-Runner wired. All Motec ECU's and PDM's. System came with 2 cameras to be wired in. Thinking one in the rear for sure, but mounted high and centered somewhere above the rear window or low on rear bumper like a parking camera on license plate camera. Maybe use both in each rear position. not sure about the second or forward facing or viewing engine or suspension IDK. any idea's?
2020-12-13 14.06.56.jpg
2020-09-23 14.56.43.jpg
2019-08-13 16.35.57.jpg

Chas Moore

RDC Crypto
Website
battlebornoffroad.net
one facing the rear, I prefer them mounted up high by the roof so you get a wider view. other one on the front bumper for crawling over stuff

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Are these recoding or just at live views? If live Id just mount one as a back up camera. Probably up high so that you can see everything around you plus the back of the truck. So if you heard a clunk or banging you could see if something was loose or a strap had fell off.

If recordable I’d mount the other in the windshield / rear view mirror area to help record pre running sections, and it would also pick up voices if you wanted to note something on the video about that section.

SICK BAJA

RDC Crypto
i guess i was assuming for videos. are you talking videos or just for like a backup cam?
Rear will activate once put into reverse and come up on the motec dash, I'll be able to switch between the 2 or manually activate to be seen on dash.

SICK BAJA

RDC Crypto
i guess i was assuming for videos. are you talking videos or just for like a backup cam?
Not sure if the Motec system will record the video. I need to find out.

dzrt performance

RDC Crypto
depends what cameras we are talking.

the bullet cam commonly used for rear view will not record....although it would be possible to hook it up to and external recorder.

the I2 motec cam has an internal memory card for recording and will also display some vehicle telemetry (speed, throttle position etc.)