CamLock vs. Ratchet Harnesses

y2kbaja

RDC Crypto
Yes!!! The adjuster built into the latch is so much better and gives much more room to pull lap belts tight easily.
Kevin are you racing Yerington next weekend? I see you're on the entry list. We're racing but coming late and leaving early. I will try to find you to look at your belts.

ksmith

RDC Crypto
Kevin are you racing Yerington next weekend? I see you're on the entry list. We're racing but coming late and leaving early. I will try to find you to look at your belts.
Troy, yes we will be there! Stop by and check them out anytime. We've had a lot of different brands, Simpson, Crow, Impact.... this newest set we just got from Pyrotect and we are very happy with them. Initial review, they adjust better than any belts we've had before. Excellent product quality and very good price. We ordered them with the narrow shoulder harness option that fit better with HNR devices.

Attachments

• LL-HANS-BLK-WEB.jpg
    LL-HANS-BLK-WEB.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Advertising supports this site

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
The other good thing about the models pictured in the OP are the adjusters. The adjusters that are built into the buckle like the first photo give you a LOT more room to pull the belt tight, compared to the ones where the adjuster is separate from the buckle and usually interferes with the opening in the seat when you're trying to tighten it.
This is exactly why for many, many years I only used the Simpson LatchFX belts as the lap adjusters are built into the buckle hardware. It makes the buckles bigger like some cowboy belt buckle, but it never bothered me.

I too like the Cam Lock belts, and now seeing that PRP is making a set with the adjuster built into the hardware. I will have to check them out. Without knowing I would hope they are SFI tagged? I won’t run a belt that not.

y2kbaja

RDC Crypto
I was just re-reading about the adjusters in the latches and making them bigger. With non-beer beer bellies where that latches already dig into my gut this may not work for us after all.