• Forum membership has its advantages....

Camping at MDR race

TRDshaunTRD

I'm going out to the MDR race tonight, and I was wondering where people will be camped. This is the first race I've been to out there so I don't have a clue where to go. Do most people camp at the start finish line, and how would I get there?

tkr

Everyone camps either right before, or right after the Start/Finish line. Exit Outlet Center Drive from the 15 Freeway. Head west then turn right through the opening in the fence. From there you'll see the start/finish and all the pits.
Have Fun!
Matt

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

jimpat

just look for the Blazer about 500 yards past the starting line.... nice vintage spot and good people around
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
theres a good spot at a road crossing. I was told it used to be a pit area but not sure. it is around mile 11. looks like some good action is going to be there.

Kris

If you wanted a steak you shouldn't have went to McDonald's!

JenDiggityDirt

Kritter...you were right! We were out at road crossing 3 (mile marker 11) with Shaun and his wife and Victor and a bunch of other people and I think everyone would agree there was a lot of action all day long. Personally, I got the biggest kick out of an F-150 that had DALTON across the side (he was skying it off that jump! Incidently, saw it on the way home being trailered by a pretty nice semi...who is this guy?), Scott Sells in the ATS truck (of course...he rarely fails to impress), whatever ProTruck that was out there (he was hauling butt, too), and George Seeley's first pass through our section (He flew and then looked like he was gonna endo, but didn't...phew!). It is also ALWAYS very cool to see all our friends and fellow IP members out there. Man, we sure love those MDR races!
Frank...how did you and Dale and Carolyn do? We left as soon as we could. I've got a "thing" tonight.
Also, what happened to Dan and Mark? Anyone? We were sorry to hear that Belden's spindles decided to break at a most inopportune time...I still love you Bel and you're a winner to me!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I was told that the class 8 (DALTON) used to belong to Bundy, but I dont know who it belongs to now. It seems like there were only a few guys out there that legged it over that crossing, most of the others were puss or I mean conservative with the gas. The guys that legged it went smoother than the guys who didnt unless they were going for the best nose wheelie award.

All in all it was a cool race with a lot of nice cars out there.

To the guy who was driving the stock blue Nissan on an access road who hit the other guys play car and sheared off his wheel...you need to learn how to drive and you need to take your old lady's head from out under the steering wheel. A stock car can't take a hit from a race car and you learned the hard way with your now hammered new Nissan. Access roads are not for going 100 mph in stock vehicles. I hope you pay to get that guys axle repaired too since that's all you damaged on his car. Live and learn I guess.

Kris

If you wanted a steak you shouldn't have went to McDonald's!

kurt

Jen - Talked to some of the Hines pit crew this morning, they said Dale lost his transmission on the first lap, evidently damage from the roll over at the Kartek. Carolyn also DNF (can't remember why) but had enough points to take 2nd for the year in Class 1450. Also a BIG THANK YOU to Dale and Frank for pulling me out on Thursday night - I got stuck with the motorhome and trailer and dug for about an hour before they pulled in and helped me out - thanks again. That was just the start of a rough weekend, in the race (class 5-1600) we had a great battle going, at the end of the first lap we had 4 cars with 30 seconds of each other on the road. I was in front physically but a little down on time having started first, as we hit the wash at the end of start/finish I nailed the sand berm and put it over on it's lid but popped right back on it's wheels, took of again and realized we had tacoed a tire. Our chase guys were right there in minutes to get us back under way. Then about 25 miles latter the transmission went, we think it got damaged in the roll and finally broke. But we did manage to get enough points and take the Year end Class championship, so I guess it wasn't that bad of a weekend after all.

frankh

well Jen It was a short race. I stated the race and right off the bat we were in the dust of 518. We followed him for a long time and some where he went off course and we follow, after we got around him I knew we were off the course. We turn around and were in the top of fourth gear when we meet dan head on. I did not think that is was a good match up ( buggies against a truck) so I hit the bush that was only about half the size of his truck. After we were back on course I was pushing the car a little to hard and blew the r/p or a spider gear. Carolyn's day was not much better she had a flat ( thanks to the pro-truck chasers for helping her) on her first lap. lap two a front spring pop out ( thanks to mr. seely for stopping and telling her where it was). then at the end of her lap the fuel cell fell out of the truck. I don't think she will stay in second place. The points are pretty tight. But we all made it home safe. Now we load up for the 1000. hopefully are bad luck was all used up in this race.

Kurt no problem. next time when I get my rig stuck you can pull me out.

kurt

Frank - Thanks again for your help and I'll be more then glad to be of assistence should you ever need it. Good luck in the 1000, have fun, be safe, and take it to em'!