• Forum membership has its advantages....

Camping in Parker

PATCO

Where can we camp in parker? We're going up on fri morning. I have not been since the late 80's
when it was a score race. Back then you could camp anywhere you wanted on the az side. I'm
sure that has changed. We would like to camp on the course if possible. Also where are the hot
spots to spectate? Jimmy8, Anybody?

Thanks, PATCO

Jimmy8

Well, you can camp at the gauntlet, which is a good spot to watch, you can also camp at midway I believe, but you have to get there the night before the race. Bouse is also a designated spectator area this year, and has some pretty rough stuff to watch. You can also camp along osbourne wash, but you must first get a pass to do so from Jay at whiplash from what I hear, because otherwise no one will be allowed on shea road unless you have one of those passes.

PMC Racing

PLS

Re: To camp at Midway pits, you must get there the night before the race. We are going out Thursday , are they going to stop us from setting up our pits and camp then? With the activity on Friday, we want to get out there early and not have to worry about driving out and setting up on Friday. If any one knows the offical scoop, let us know. Pete S.

Jimmy8

Yes, there is acess to the pits saturday, you just need to get out there before the race starts. Dont cancell your rooms. Just be there before the first race car goes through. As far as setting pits up, we already have ours marked, and you can do it from now up until right before the race, but I advise doing it as soon as you can because midway tends to fill up quickly especially with the amount of entries for this race.

PMC Racing