Camping near pit 4/ mineral wash , parker 425

Glenn L

Reaction
Looking to camp somewhere near pit 4, mineral king wash, parker 425.
Planning to head out there Friday morning, leave Sunday morning.
Just a couple guys in a pick up truck and maybe we'll bring motorcycles.

Is this a good area to camp and possibly find a good spot or two to watch the race?

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Attached is the BITD SPECTATOR information page. My suggestion to you is , Do not camp in closed areas. Violations of race stipulations can get expensive for everyone, INCLUDUING BITD.

PLEASE don't jeopardize future races by YOUR actions !

Attachments

bobylax

Reaction
Looking to camp somewhere near pit 4, mineral king wash, parker 425.
Planning to head out there Friday morning, leave Sunday morning.
Just a couple guys in a pick up truck and maybe we'll bring motorcycles.

Is this a good area to camp and possibly find a good spot or two to watch the race?
The area around Mineral Wash is a CLOSED AREA, only BITD Officials, volunteers, credentialed personnel or race teams with official pit passes will be allowed into these areas after 2:00pm on Friday, 2/5, and these areas will remain closed until early Sunday morning. There is plenty of spectating along Shea Rd., race mile 1.5 - 3 (left turn at high tension power lines), then Shea Rd. is closed to spectating until you get to around mile 6.5, there will be a large spectating area that overlooks Osborne Wash. Once past that area the course and surrounding area is in the closure. I'm not too familiar with the spectating in the Bouse area, but would advise staying clear of any of the "pit" areas. Here are the spectating rules, please help us all by abiding by them THANK YOU!!

http://bitd.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2016_Spectator_Info_BLM.pdf

Glenn L

Reaction
How can I volunteer to help BITD at pit 4 or maybe help a race team haul pit gear to and from pit 4?

Don't want to violate any race rules so maybe this approach will allow me access.

bobylax

Reaction
How can I volunteer to help BITD at pit 4 or maybe help a race team haul pit gear to and from pit 4?

Don't want to violate any race rules so maybe this approach will allow me access.
You can try and contact GlamiGurlie, who is the pit captain at pit 4, see if she needs some assistance, (she has a pit 4 thread going on this forum) or contact BITD to see if they have any volunteer openings left, or send a shout out to any teams that might need some help. Just know that once you are in pit 4, you're there for the duration, no leaving the pit area until the last car goes by around midnight.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Contact Best in the Desert . They will assist you in the volunteer process .

VOLUNTEER form attached !

Attachments

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Where's the map of the course? I can't find anything
The map will be released this weekend, 7 days before the race.
It is (roughly) the same course as in past years , so if you can locate someone's archive you won't have to wait.

ps if you are looking for spectating info, above post #2 has all the information you need.

Hurley37

Reaction
The map will be released this weekend, 7 days before the race.
It is (roughly) the same course as in past years , so if you can locate someone's archive you won't have to wait.

ps if you are looking for spectating info, above post #2 has all the information you need.
Ok I got the spectating info just curious about what the course looks like. Thanks!

rnj3897

Reaction
Ok I got the spectating info just curious about what the course looks like. Thanks!
Hurley, I tried finding my course maps from previous years but unable to locate them. As stated the maps will be out late this week. I have left Yucca Valley many times in previous years very early in the morning, like 1 or 2 a.m., to get a good spot on Shea Road as it fills up fast. The format of the race has changed and you must wait until later in the day to see the TT's and faster classes. Make sure to account for Parker being one hour ahead in time also. We camp now along Osborne Wash which is good spectating also but sometimes hard to get a spot that is not taken.

Mike321

Reaction
Can you camp at Midway? I didn't see anything prohibiting it and I'd rather get there the night before vs getting there before the 5 AM cut-off for the first race.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Can you camp at Midway? I didn't see anything prohibiting it and I'd rather get there the night before vs getting there before the 5 AM cut-off for the first race.
If you are a chase team pitting a vehicle, you can however be prepared that you may have to move your vehicle when the pit captain gets there. Pit 3 has limited space and everyone has to pack in there.