Camping tents

tool46n2

Reaction
I want to take my family camping on vacation but need to buy a new tent. Anyone know where to get a nice 8 person tent. I looked at target, big 5, and walmart but didnt find anything of good quality. Let me know of any sites or other stores you got in mind thanks.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
I bought a great tent at Target that slept 8 people, it had two rooms and dual doors... it was a tent mansion especially since we usually had less than 8 people using it :) REI is good but they are usually more costly than the prior stores you mentioned. I've never had any issues with any Coleman tents.

tmathews

Reaction
Ebay ?? Just a thought

MattV

Reaction
Depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to stay in one place. Cabelas has some very nice wall tents, but they are large, heavy and expensive. You could easily live out of one for a week, or longer, if you really wanted to.

In addition to the other suggestions, tryhttp://www.sportsmansguide.com/ or check out the outlet tab on rei.com.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
I want to take my family camping on vacation but need to buy a new tent. Anyone know where to get a nice 8 person tent. I looked at target, big 5, and walmart but didnt find anything of good quality. Let me know of any sites or other stores you got in mind thanks.
What do you mean by this??? Seems that you have unrealistic expectations...of a tent:confused:

I bought a great tent at Target that slept 8 people, it had two rooms and dual doors... it was a tent mansion especially since we usually had less than 8 people using it :) REI is good but they are usually more costly than the prior stores you mentioned. I've never had any issues with any Coleman tents.
Gabby has an excellent point, how much are you gonna use it? Why spend too much on something that will spend most of it's time rolled up? And I have a Coleman tent that has been up and down hunderds of time, I even backpack with it, and it has never given me any issues (well, there was the fire incident:rolleyes:)

Depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to stay in one place. Cabelas has some very nice wall tents, but they are large, heavy and expensive. You could easily live out of one for a week, or longer, if you really wanted to.

In addition to the other suggestions, tryhttp://www.sportsmansguide.com/ or check out the outlet tab on rei.com.
Once again, all depends on how much you are willing to spend vs. how much use you plan on getting out of it. Only you can answer this. Good luck.

RojoOjoRacin

Reaction
I lived in alaska in a tent for 8months... Get a serria designs 4 season tent, It'll cost more but the people who backpack in the middle of nowhere know how to design tents, that are easy to put up in the dark & will last under the roughest conditions..

mattb

Reaction
Costco usually has them, and if you ever have an issue w/ it, just return it, no questions asked.

TauMau

Reaction
I bought mine off amazon. If you're looking for the best deal, Amazon is where you'll find it. And my tent ROCKS. Never had any issues with it. When I bought it, it was only 99.99 though!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E5GCQM/ref=ox_ya_oh_product"]Amazon.com: Columbia Hawk Ridge 10-Foot by 7-Foot Three-Person Dome Tent: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Cabelas
Manzanita Outdoor - Not sure if it is a chain or not
Sportsman Warehouse

Keep in mind when they say it is an 8 man tent it typically sleep 5 or 6 people confortably!

MattV

Reaction
Cabelas
Manzanita Outdoor - Not sure if it is a chain or not
Sportsman Warehouse

Keep in mind when they say it is an 8 man tent it typically sleep 5 or 6 people confortably!
Unless it's raining. In that case it will sleep 14, no problem.

tool46n2

Reaction
I went back to target yesterday and seen one that i like but didnt have any instock. i think thats why i missed it the first time i was there. i also like coleman stuff cuz i never have any problems with the products. thanks.:)

Brokenbronco

Reaction
I have a swiss gear tent very similiar to this one

2 rooms 12x10 I used it once. I'm in la habra if you are interested in it.