Can an F150 build rival a Raptor (with L/T upgrade)?

MC_DOG

Reaction
I've seen F150 builds like this one https://www.f150forum.com/f34/finall...-dreams-62488/and am wondering if these builds can rival a Raptor in prerunning performance (note: I am assuming that the Raptor has been upgraded to long-travel suspension instead of the stock raptor suspension). There are some things I've noticed on Raptors (such as the different driving modes--"Normal"/"Baja"/etc.) that you can't really put into an F150 build (as far as I know). Would these features make it impossible to construct an F150 build that rivals a L/T Raptor? Or is it actually possible to put these features into an F150 build?

(I'm new to desert racing so cut me a bit of slack if I'm making any ignorant mistakes here.)

Bro_Gill

Reaction
You can do an F150 to the same level of a Raptor if you are going to change suspension pieces. And mode of driving means nothing if the right driver is behind the wheel.

baja619

Reaction
With the right know how and funds you could build any truck to out perform a raptor.

You must first ask yourself what the actual vehicle scope or purpose is intended for. If you are doing Daily Driving with a dozen trips a year to go off road, prerun or whatever... you want a nice reliable + comfortable ride that can hold up off road, you dont need a serious PreRunner. So that truck posted in the link would be acceptable alternative.

Raptors are nice but they are not real PreRunners. They do have a lot of luxuries and gadgets that you wont get or have on other platforms. As far as the Raptor's driving modes, they are kinda fun to have but not really necessary for better performance off road.Consider it sport mode or a fun button.

If you have a proper off road truck / prerunner all the fun buttons are turned on all the time.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I had a gen 1 raptor and now have a gen 2. I loved my gen 1. But the gen 2 is a huge advancement.

I also have a prerunner and drive a Geiser TT as well as some other very cool stuff. I took my gen 1 to the desert for New Years a couple of times and drove it around a bit, but I'll save the serious stuff for my prerunner.

Having said all that, you can have a lot of fun in a mildly built truck but just remember to drive it within its limits. A roll cage is the best place to start, although my first "prerunners" didn't have one, but the desert terrain wasn't as beat up and I did keep it on graded roads and in washes for the most part.