• Forum membership has its advantages....

Can Anyone tell me if this is a good idea??

geoff

My last post got a lot of views and basically no response so here is a second feeble attempt.

87 toyota xtra cab long bed. 121" wheelbase. The thing looks like a damn limo. So here is the truck

http://members.aol.com/gertrudech/manifold/longbed.jpg</A>">

here is the truck with a halfass photoshop lift and bobbed bed.

http://members.aol.com/gertrudech/manifold/bobbedbedtruck.jpg</A>">

All i want to know is if you guys think its a good idea... thats it. Thanks.

Mathmatics is the language of nature.

Tim

hey bro, i dont know aboot anyone else, but i cant see the pics.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I went to the website and the pics are jsut black. Need to put the sun at your back when taking pics or get a flash.

What is a "bopped bed"?

If you wanted a steak you shouldn't have went to McDonald's!

Stan

A bobbed bed is when the back of the bed is cut off. The end of the bed is put back on. It takes away some of the overhang.

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

TRDshaunTRD

it looks odd, and good luck getting glass for the bed sides. The long wheel base would be a bad thing though.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
121" is a good wheelbase to have. A smaller wheelbase will give you trouble in the whoops. Thats why it is standard cab shortbeds are not use very often as race trucks. ITs the extra cabs and longbeds that get built most often.

KRis

John Bitting

Administrator
I agree the wheelbase is a good thing, But that bobbed bed looks terrible. That is rockcrawler style so they dont drag the end of the bed across rocks. If anything get a standard driveshaft, short bed bedsides and just cut some of the frame off and move it all forward to get the look of an axtracab shortbed.. The only other way is to buy a different truck. IF you can get over the limo look it will work good if you build it right..

polar

why not just cut some off of the back and some off the front? that way you will achive the look you are going for. I would just buy the fiberglass and go from there, but I understand you are trying to be economical. GO TOYOTA!!

geoff

Funk dat noise =)

the WB is stayin at 121. Thats the only thing this truck has goin for it. Ill just deal with it bein uglee as sin. FWIW i have four neighbors that are these hot ass girls and they hate the truck b/c they say its the ugliest longest truck they have ever seen. So i tell them its a project and to stfu. They just dont see what i see... haha im a loser.

im going to start fabbing some stuff up for the rear this weekend. Im gonna pull the bed and play around with some stuff back there and then figure something cheap/strong as hell for the frotn end...

thanks for the input guys. Its uglee and theres no getting around it. Oh its gonna be flat black too. krylon flat black.

sam_i

...there anyway you can post pictures of your neighbour girls?

"..... damn Jimmy, that some ass good coffee"

Waldo

Safehouse
DUDE- you should get the girls to Krylon it! That would be some funky I failed spelling.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

sirhk100

Has anyone else noticed that the qulity of techinacl discussion has dropped off recently. Where's everyone at? Hmmmm, if only I could get today off and had something to do???? I think I'll go look at ORC and see what's going on in Mexico today. Maybe a surf contest or something.

Baja,
I was out on the roof and saw the end of the hot air balloon race, it was INSANE!!!!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

geoff

Thats a KILLER idea.

Ill get some pics of them spraying the truck. Ill also make sure that the sun is to my back for you picky people =) haha.

sirhk100

Re: Thats a KILLER idea.

Make sure they're in the thin wife beaters and set the sprinklers to turn on at an appropriate time!!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

V8Ranger

125" +/- 1 or 2 "seems to be a pretty good wheelbase so I wouldn't cut the frame, but thats just my opinion.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Next time the neighbors talk trash..ask them if they have know Neal and Bob. That will shut them up one way or another, WOrks all the time around my place. I got trash talked to me all day for welding in my front yard and stripping the front end off waitng for fiberglass to show up that never did...Fuc$%rs. I guess thats what happens when you rely on somebody else....if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Kris