Can we get a trip expedition forum?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Most the various offroad fb and web pages have a forum or spot to announce upcoming trips and to post up reports and pics on trips that have happened.
Is there anyway we could get a forum like that on Rdc? The peeps I wanna hang with are on here, not somewhere else. Just asking cause I’m a Nimrod.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
There’s a few meet ups going on out at KOH including one for Pete. It would be neat if they were all here on RDC the home of dezert racing instead of finding them scattered all over the internet’s. ;):)

DezRacer25

Reaction
I'd be up for it. There are two different forums i read and post on for my expedition stuff but would rather keep it here with my real friends.

y2kbaja

Reaction
But no overlanders. Their write up are so wordy.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Nah. Overland guys like going slow with their whole house on their back. Nimmy likes going fast and staying in the luxurious hotels of Baja! :p ;):rolleyes:

y2kbaja

Reaction
I’m with you Nimrod. Drive fast and light and have a bed and shower at the end. Even if it’s my rv I drive back to. And my trip report will say “the road had 10 miles of hero whoops”.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

bajaherbie

Reaction
A few years ago I was part of a group that traveled from the Fairfield area of Utah to the north rim of the Grand Canyon in 6 Bajas, two jeeps and a Toyota 4 x 4 truck. We traveled on 90% or more dirt roads only, camped for 5 nights and took a different route on the return leg.

I am from Oklahoma and flew in to SLC to meet up with friends from shoptalkforums.com.

We had a few minor breakdowns and all but one VW completed the trip! It was an awesome experience to say the least...
20151010_164837.jpeg
20151012_123757.jpeg
20151012_181504.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Its now on the to-do list for today (Plus another new forum). A new forum for Outdoors/Camping/Racing Trips/Overlanding type events etc....

Last edited: