Cannister Style Filters

baja619

Reaction
You can get them from Napa.

I believe around $35 a piece, not sure on the part #.

mgobaja

Reaction
How do you guys like those? Are you guys replacing these every race? Thanks.

I have one here I bought for my Baja bug. It is a baldwin brand filter. PM me and I can meet up with you so you can check it out. They have lots of sizes available, but Baldwins website sint so great. IF the style of mine suits you Scott Webster a class 10 and 1/2-1600 racer sells Baldwins and can order you anything from their catalog if you have other dimensions you need to try and stay within.

baja619

Reaction
How do you guys like those? Are you guys replacing these every race? Thanks.

We replace them for every race. They are somewhat expensive. We actually had an airfilter / ump failure at the BITD Terribles Town race. The UMP canister and filter were not properly aligned due to user error. This led to other problems that eventually put us out of the race. Lame:(

Other than that scenario, never had any problems. Its mounted in the cockpit under the dash by the way.

ffjerm

Reaction
Same filter I run, except mine is the 2.5" outlet. All other dimensions are the same. I've got some used ones if you want for mock-up. Let me know. I get mine online from napa, cheaper than what the local napa charges. I pay $55, but the 3" is only $47.....go figure.

Later - Jer

Ryan_P

Reaction
$25.18 is what we sell the equivilant in Baldwin, its a PA2805.

Just for future reference..

- Ryan

Reaction
There's already a plastic canister available at a lower cost, originally designed for forklifts, but works well in OHV applications. Can't think of the brand right now.

properprerunner

Reaction
MFG is Donaldson. Various P/N's for inlet, outlet and canister size. They are about half the cost but they are plastic vs aluminum. Here in Phoenix Fastenall can get the housings as well as filters and any replacement parts.

I can look up part numbers and post later.

properprerunner

Reaction
Donaldson filter P/N P181054 or WIX P/N 42135 for Donaldson Cyclopac FWA08 or FWG08. These are 8 inch diameter filters. they have other sizes and lengths as well. these just happen to the more popular and fit some aluminum canisters. Check out any of your local forklift store like previously mentioned, they usually have them too.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Donaldson filter P/N P181054 or WIX P/N 42135 for Donaldson Cyclopac FWA08 or FWG08. These are 8 inch diameter filters. they have other sizes and lengths as well. these just happen to the more popular and fit some aluminum canisters. Check out any of your local forklift store like previously mentioned, they usually have them too.

I run the FPG series (Model G070020) on my Class 10 car. Here is some spec info

www.donaldsonfilters.com.au/uploads/12_12_21_Donaldson AirEng CaT_Review Draft.pdf

Talk to Ryan_P. He got me mine. 700 miles and just replaced the element for the first time and didn't need to do that

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
For anyone considering these, think 2 of them...... Look at the flow ratings on the Donaldson web site, for a race motor you shouldn't be seeing more than about 5" of vaccum at max airflow. They work great, just a little restrictive.

Also, you don't need to run the pre-filter in them.