Cant bleed clutch.

slvrbullet

Reaction
Hi Guys,

We have a dual sport car we are working on and we can not get the clutch to bleed. The pedals/master cylinder are CNC with a Jamar Slave cylinder on a Mendi 2d transaxle. I'm thinking the master is bad but not sure. I'm finding a ton of air in the line every time we go to bleed it and the slave cylinder does not return as fast as it should. When I manually pull the slave out of the fully compressed position I see little bubble come out of the master reservoir. Also after I close the bleeder on the slave I get one good pump of the pedal then it its stuck for about a minute until the slave returns to the fully extended position. I've ran about 3 quarts of brake fluid through the system so I'm a little lost.

brad inch

Reaction
some of the brake master cylinders are a little different than the one for the clutch.i allso found a oring that was blocking the hole where the line comes out ,i cut it back a little and i work find,just take the brass fitting out and look in the hole, good luck

slvrbullet

Reaction
some of the brake master cylinders are a little different than the one for the clutch.i allso found a oring that was blocking the hole where the line comes out ,i cut it back a little and i work find,just take the brass fitting out and look in the hole, good luck
Thanks! I'm going to check that tonight, I also got a vacuum bleeder setup that was recommended to me.

Shawnk

Reaction
You could also take a syringe with fluid and force it through the bleed screw on the slave cylinder. Kind of like a back flush. You would be pushing the air out through the master. I have done this method to bleed the clutch on my car that was giving me difficulties.

43mod

Reaction
Bleed screw on top may be deceiving. Be sure it really is ported to the top of the bore or air can remain trapped above the fluid. You could probably remove the bleeder and use a paper clip to feel for the actual fluid path into the bore is you cant see ir or do not want to disassemble the unit.