Cantileaver w/ springs?

Just4Fun

Reaction
Did a search, found nothing. Does anyone know who is doing this or does anyone have pics. Want to keep everything under the bed. Thanks
Jason
P.M. Fabrication

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Soon to be a bolt-on kit...

Cycled 17" of travel with 10" travel Bypass shocks, 32 or 44 gallon cell all under the bed!

michael_loomis

Reaction
that looks pretty sweet . any idea what the ball park price range is ?

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Forgot to ask Jake. Looks really expensive, TIGed, Chromo, Bypass, 100% Bolt-on ... I'm thinkin $4K to 6K. The funny thing is I would pay for that in a heartbeat. We drooped it out on with a forklift and I've never seen anything like it. Cycled so clean, I was amazed.

homey

Reaction
How hard would it be to make that kit universal? It looks like a lot of the parts could be universal and only the brackets would need to be special made.

slimjim

Reaction
that is a sweet looking canti set up, but you gotta weld tabs to the axle/diff housing to mount the rods for the cantilever - so it's less than 100% bolt on. still an awesome design.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
<font color="red"> For the price wouldnt it almost be more benificial to just do a 3 or 4 link set up? What exactly is the difference in a canti spring set up, and just straight springs? I know how cantileaver works, but you dont get more travel do you? </font color>

drtdevil93

Reaction
a cantilever is another way of mounting shocks. it can be used on a link or leaf setup. all it does is allow you to relocate the shock, which is good if there isnt a lot of space. from a performance standpoint, if done properly it can improve motion ratio (progressively), increase shock velocity (increases effectiveness), and improve weight distribution.

erik

michael_loomis

Reaction
the ONLY way to go if you have an SUV or bed that you DONT want to hack up the mount shocks

01Baja4x4

Reaction
Yeah, that's why I asked. With the stock shocks facing in differenent directions, new shock tabs would be a must if the production version is going to be the same as the one pictured. It does look really trick though.

-Tim

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I think another added benefit would be that with springs as opposed to c/o you could carry more weight in the bed. Thats more stuff to carry to baja on surf trips!

bpthirteen

Reaction
Jake built the truck for his friend Conor. Conor wanted to keep his bed intact. Jake just took it out to Barstow for a photo shoot and said it worked great. I think the kit will be pretty affordable. The truck also is 4-wheel drive with wide beams. We took it out to Henderson this weekend to pre-run but we never even took it off the trailer. We spent the whole weekend trying to get our new 12 car running. We had to withdraw from the race with motor problems. I'll take some more pictures of that truck and post them.

michael_loomis

Reaction
sorry to hear about your motor problems .... hopefully it gets sorted out painlessly

JeffS

Reaction
BPThirteen,
Please post more pics, and who made the front end?
Is the 4x4 operational? I'd love more pics and specs.

Thanks !!