Capitalising on the exodus

paranoid56

RDC Crypto
Texas does not have a state income tax, so they have to get their money other ways. Property tax is higher than some other states, but I doubt it is higher than California.

My house in town has a tax valuation of $135K and I pay somewhere around $2500 a year in property tax. My part of our family ranch is 60 acres and it only costs me $150 in taxes because there is little improvements on it right now. As soon as I build a house out there my taxes will jump to $1500-$2000 a year. If you have more than 6 acres you can claim an "Ag exemption" if you are using the land for agriculture which helps keep the taxes down. It also allows you to purchase anything agriculture, including dog food, sales tax free. All of my tractor parts, pick up parts, supplies for the ranch, and dog food is sales tax free for me.

Property taxes in Texas are the seventh highest — higher than California and New York at 1.62 percent on average, cali on avg is .72

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Compare property values between states to get a better picture of the true cost of the property. Half a million dollar properties in LA county will cost you $500/mo for the privilege of living in squalor while paying crazy high utilities, gas, auto insurance & registration. The schools are a joke and public parks are unsafe, and the next riot is just around the corner. Oh, and a quarter of the entire American homeless population will share the sidewalk with you.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Property taxes in Texas are the seventh highest — higher than California and New York at 1.62 percent on average, cali on avg is .72
Uh, yeah, that number is skewed. That number is based on the Prop 13 valuation, not the actual base rate used. Property taxes are set by the counties with a STARTING POINT of 1% of assessed value set at the time of the purchase. Prop 13 prevents tax rates from moving with the market so that your property tax does not increase more than 2% of the initial set value at time of purchase. The .72 number is not correct. Don't know of any county less than 1% and most add on to that.

Offspring

RDC Crypto
Uh, yeah, that number is skewed. That number is based on the Prop 13 valuation, not the actual base rate used. Property taxes are set by the counties with a STARTING POINT of 1% of assessed value set at the time of the purchase. Prop 13 prevents tax rates from moving with the market so that your property tax does not increase more than 2% of the initial set value at time of purchase. The .72 number is not correct. Don't know of any county less than 1% and most add on to that.
Anyone who actually pays CA property taxes knows this .72% is not true.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Anyone who actually pays CA property taxes knows this .72% is not true.
Yup. It's 1.2%, or roughly a dollar per thousand per month where I'm at. My combined monthly nut is $960, but the $350 mortgage interest portion and the $240 property tax portion means that $590 of that $960 is deductible.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
the one version they are trying to sneek through some how is if the property is for commercial/ buissnes purpose, even if its a house in the family,they wanna see if its in anyway a buissnes, then its full current value tax burden-Bamm!, gavin Will sign it

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
the one version they are trying to sneek through some how is if the property is for commercial/ buissnes purpose, even if its a house in the family,they wanna see if its in anyway a buissnes, then its full current value tax burden-Bamm!, gavin Will sign it
Unfortunately true.

Goober

RDC Crypto
Compare property values between states to get a better picture of the true cost of the property. Half a million dollar properties in LA county will cost you $500/mo for the privilege of living in squalor while paying crazy high utilities, gas, auto insurance & registration. The schools are a joke and public parks are unsafe, and the next riot is just around the corner. Oh, and a quarter of the entire American homeless population will share the sidewalk with you.
All parks in Los Angels County are unsafe 🤔

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Like I said in my post earlier...we have no state income tax so the state has to get their money through other means. This means that property tax is higher than many states. Just because we don't have income tax does not mean we don't pay taxes.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Wyoming has no income tax
We USED to mine coal & get ALOT of mineral tax revenue from it but since that stopped for the most part there actually considering suing the ones that used to buy coal for NOT buying it........WTF is that all about? Got the idea from kalifornia taxing people for leaving the state of kalifornia?

Property taxes yes & not terrible, auto licence is pretty steep, insurance is cheep & we can pack concealed weapons without a permit

Steve0

RDC Crypto
Anyone here from Idaho? We are starting to look at our exit...

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Although CA is hopeless, the inland counties do issue cows. I just received my 2nd renewal card through the SBCSD up here in the Hi Dez 👋