Car Stripped?! P425

Frank13

Reaction
Received some information that car 3007 broke down and apparently was stripped down to nothing. Anyone else hear about this?

vegabeltran

Reaction
Last I heard. Headed up towards Havasu, carrying shocks and other parts

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
another reason to never race north of the border

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
La Paz sheriff is on the case. They have video of the suspects after they were followed to a store. Hopefully they will be caught.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

AZBadseed

Reaction
I hope they get these thieving tweeker DB's...what a couple of S**t birds!

crazyeye

Reaction
Last I heard they were caught.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Cool if they were caught. Sounds like they helped them out to an early prep start then.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
The difference between this occurring here and else where is the chances of you getting your parts and equipment back goes up exponentially when it happens here, even if it is 10 months after it happens.

Truth.

-Trent

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
The difference between this occurring here and else where is the chances of you getting your parts and equipment back goes up exponentially when it happens here, even if it is 10 months after it happens.

Truth.

-Trent

Thanks for helping get our stuff back in 2008! It can happen anywhere

bobylax

Reaction
I may have seen the "perps" just prior to said crime. Heard that the 3007 had run out of fuel around race mile 128, the crew walked back to the check at 125. I guess the car stopped right at the entrance to the trail that leads to the Desert Bar. I grabbed a can of gas and headed that way from our check at 130. Got to mile 129 and could go no further without going backwards on the course. From our check point I could see a maroon or red and white 4 seat RZR perched on the hills on the south side overlooking the wash. He had been there for at least a 1/2 hour, and was there when I tried to take fuel to the 3007. I couldn't get close enough to get a ID on the occupants, but could easily ID the RZR.

Since my knees are bad, went back to get the son in law to see if we could walk fuel in. As we get to Mile 129, I notice that the RZR is no longer up on the hill, and we find a 7200 truck lost steering, jumped the berm and smacked the canyon wall. The 1st thing we ask is did they come across any cars in the canyon, and they tell us "there are no cars broke down in the canyon" So we figured bad report.

That RZR's position on the hills overlooked the "Desert Bar" trail, and from there could see 4 or 5 miles up course. The crew was pretty certain they left the car around mile 128.5 and eventually BITD asked IRC to help locate the car. IRC states the car the car hasn't moved in a while, but updated tracking shows the car 200-300 yards off course. In that canyon you can't get that far off course. IRC give a retrieval crew the GPS co-ords, and they find it right where IRC said it was drug into the rock pile section for the trail the leads to Desert Bar, stripped of the shocks, go-pros and anything else they could get their slimy hands on. The car still had wheels, but was grounded because of no shocks. While the BITD retrieval crew was there, a black Dodge Ram pulls up, and I'm not sure how or why, admits they were the ones that towed the car there with their RZR, probably thinking they were some other tweekers, not BITD.

This is my suspicion, speculation only. The crew in the RZR saw the car, waited for the coast to be clear, dropped into the canyon, strapped it up and towed it up the trail, removed what they could fit into their RZR, went back for the truck to get the wheels, etc and bragged to the wrong people. I think after they came to the realization that they may have let the cat out of the bag, these rocket scientists high tailed it towards the Desert Bar and onto the 95, with one of the BITD crew in tow. BITD saw them stop at the Circle K, and I hear they've got some pretty good surveillance video of them. Man I hope they get these douche bags!!

rocdog

Reaction
Great so now one cant even leave a vehicle unattended on a race course. What the hell is wrong with people. Fing dirt bags. Takes some balls to strip down a truck in the middle of a race. Unreal. Good luck to the 3007. I hope you catch these losers.

Dust Devil Photo

Reaction
Az tweakerz... They will get caught. Don't mess with off-road.

....Parker has a population of just over 3000. This event brings more people to the town from out of state than actually reside there full time. I think it's safe to assume it could have easily been a bunch of yuppy Californians lol <- they're rampant in these parts

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
....Parker has a population of just over 3000. This event brings more people to the town from out of state than actually reside there full time. I think it's safe to assume it could have easily been a bunch of yuppy Californians lol <- they're rampant in these parts
Well while agree completely about the demographics, the chase of the vehicle and the roads they took before losing BITD and the sheriff in a residential area lead us to believe they are locals - and I think we will hear more soon....

Dust Devil Photo

Reaction
Hope they are/were caught. If not, Any more details on the black dodge? And does anyone have specifics on what was stolen, in case they pop up for sale around here? Apologies if that info was already posted