Carb bowl vent problem

Wild bill

Reaction
I noticed at the last race that in the rough stuff that the motor had an intermittant bough. The cause for the bough was the primary bowl vent was over flowing. I have already lowered the fuel pressure (3 psi), lower the float, etc. My question is......is there any reason why I cannot use a 5/16" diameter piece of fuel hose and extend the vent tube up about 2". I think that would fix the problem. Any input?

baja stu

Reaction
I'm assuming this is on a Holley type carb. Extending the vent is a must and use a spring loaded needle.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Take a 6" or so piece of hose. Put a little slit in the middle. Put the air cleaner stud through the slit and the ends on the bowl vents. This trick has been around for years.......

Reaction
FYI. We had a Holey with the same problems on a class 1 buggy. We went to a Demon circle track version. This helped a lot. Next I put a -6 line off of each bowl with the fittings at the correct float level height. Next t off the -6 lines and run with a facet fuel pump back into the top of the tank as a return. This is known as a sucker system for vw guys. This allows you to run correct fuel pressure so you won't run it out of fuel on the top, while scavaging extra in bumps and keeping it from going down carb. Hope this helps.