Care Packages for our Troops

kim

Rescue 3
As some of you know, last year I got Kasey's 7th grade class involved in sending cards/letter/packages to the troops. The project was such a success and the kids got so much enjoyment out of helping our Soldiers that I have been asked to organize this project again this year.

This year we will make this a school wide project whereby we will be collecting various items for a month and then send them off with cards and letters.

This is where I need your help. The Military members that I know are all home safe and sound. Do you have a friend of family member in Iraq or Afghanistan? If so, please forward me their contact info so we can get this project moving. (The last couple of years I have been sending packages to Iraq. I would love to send some packages to Afghanistan or another area of the world where our troops are stationed and could use some attention.)

Please help if you can. It would mean so much to Kasey's 8th grade class and will open the eyes of the younger grades and teach them the value of teamwork, commitment and friendship.

Thanks all,

Kim Carpenter

usmcgunrock

Well my unit deployed without me (my back is messed up and I am having to leave the infantry). They are on the 31st MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) and with what is going on in the pacific with the earthquakes they should be headed there any time to help out. I can't find the address right now. I will get it tomorrow.

kim

Rescue 3
Bumping for another look. If you know someone in the service, please send me their name, address and a little bit about them. Our kids want to help make a difference.

Thanks

kim

Rescue 3
Re: Care Packages for our Troops - Quick update

Just wanted to let you all know that the kids at Kasey's school have been eagerly collecting goodies for our troops.

For those who have given me the names and addresses of loved ones and friends, we are getting ready to send the boxes real soon. One thing I would ask is, could you please send me a picture and a quick note of info on your Soldier. That really helps the kids personalize their cards and letters. It also reminds the kids that these are real people not just names on a piece of paper.

Thanks for all the support so far.

Kim