Carl L000,000ng

b-makk

Reaction
What Nascar is doing to him is ridiculous. Once Robby loses his appeal, I'll be tuning out of nascar for a while. I'd like to see Carl Long continue racing. I support the underdogs and hate the primadonnas.

I gave 25 bucks to Carl's racing team because I'd like to see him around in the future. It's an amount that I could care less if it goes to the wrong cause, but I'm hoping it goes toward the penalty. I urge you to do the same. Just pick an amount that you don't care if you ever see again and help out this fledgling team. http://www.carl-long.com/

Oh BTW, F#*@ Nascar!!!!!!!

Offspring

Reaction
I heard on the radio I think that the rear end RG used was built with toe that exceeded the specs set in place by nascar. RGM then adjusted the illegal toe out of the set up by adjusting the truck arms to counterbalance this. That is why he specifically said the car passed the post race measurements while on the car, but when they took the rear end back to HQ it measured out of spec. Why would RGM do it this way? Was this a rear end they built before the toe started to get out of hand and the spec was put in place by nascar, and were they attempting to save some $ by adjusting it back to legal? Or was this something that could be adjusted during a race to take advantage of excess toe and provide an edge?

I know nascar is probably not to happy with start-n-park teams. I mean they were parking right and left at the start of the last race. Could this by why CL got hit so hard? What's better, full fields with start and parks or partial fields with no start and parks. Kinda like nascar welfare...lol.

kaw500

Reaction
I know nascar is probably not to happy with start-n-park teams. I mean they were parking right and left at the start of the last race. Could this by why CL got hit so hard? What's better, full fields with start and parks or partial fields with no start and parks. Kinda like nascar welfare...lol.

George, that an interesting point you make. It's no longer a sport that encourages single teams let alone ones that barley have the funds to run even a limited schedule. Multi car teams is what its about. Who knows maybe someday soon we will see NEKAR have to go the way of GM and reorginize but without the GOV bailout.:confused:

Tristar Racing

Reaction
I heard on the radio I think that the rear end RG used was built with toe that exceeded the specs set in place by nascar. RGM then adjusted the illegal toe out of the set up by adjusting the truck arms to counterbalance this. That is why he specifically said the car passed the post race measurements while on the car, but when they took the rear end back to HQ it measured out of spec. Why would RGM do it this way? Was this a rear end they built before the toe started to get out of hand and the spec was put in place by nascar, and were they attempting to save some $ by adjusting it back to legal? Or was this something that could be adjusted during a race to take advantage of excess toe and provide an edge?

Hmmm, interesting. I had a comment on Planet Robby that pointed out the fact a team could build a car that could be "adjusted" with slight contact from the wall. My example was bolt holes that were elongated to slots, and bolts that were not tightened enough to stay put with slight contact from the wall. The team could then simply blame race damage caused it, getting away with cheating in the process.

Unless you are a crew member, you will never know the true story of what went on, but it is suspect that they adjusted other areas to make an illegal component go through inspection and be declaired legal...

Ryan_P

Reaction
The Carl Long scenario is a true shame, and only proves that NASCAR wants nothing to do with single car teams. IMO, in their eyes, single car teams are field fillers. If they had their way, it would consist of only 3+ car operations, as they draw larger audiences and more corporate $$$.

And to top it all off, Carl Long can no longer work his day job. That's twisting the knife thats already been inserted into his back. NASCAR = new Formula 1