Carlos' beamed Dodge Cummins

Forty1Racing

Thing is gonna be a BA tank! #RealTrophyDiesel #SorryBobSon

socalmoto

Well thank you. Ive got plans to make the front half of the cage as gnarly as the rear.....and then youll all get to see the backhalf come together

Got a few more tubes in.

Dont judge the a pillar till you see the final tube work

X'd up the rear portion and will get some seat mounts of them.

Another junction starting

Zambo

This thing isn't going to get on top of the big stuff. Its going to flatten the big stuff out.

socalmoto

Few more tubes in. Just need some floor tubes and door bars and it should be all done. Hoping to be done with the cab cage tuesday.

Double a pillar

socalmoto

I love this build great work I'm gonna copy it some day :)
Ill copy it someday too haha

The cab cage is done for now. Another few tubes, but i need to get the engine cage tubes in first so i can weld them 360. The big X on the floor helps connect the radius arm mounts to the opposite side trailing arm mounts to keep everything rigid.

Also kellan from king and carlos brought me some new parts. 4.0 bypasses for the front, 3.0 c/os+4.5 bypasses+2.5 bumps for the rear, trans coolers, and sway bar arms.

Dezertpilot

So so nice nice, one question, what is he going to do for the trans? That guy here on RDC from like Utah I believe was having trans issues even had a custom shaft built and still it broke in 50 miles. Is he going to swap to an Allison?

socalmoto

So so nice nice, one question, what is he going to do for the trans? That guy here on RDC from like Utah I believe was having trans issues even had a custom shaft built and still it broke in 50 miles. Is he going to swap to an Allison?
Not sure exactly what he had done but his trans was built up earlier this year. With how much he put into it, i think he could have put in an allison. He did say if this trans goes he was most likely going the allison route.

socalmoto

Got the engine cage started on the driver side and made some mounts, but im going to wait till their finished for pics.....just a little preview

Also designed the trailing arms and lower axle mounts. The trailing arms will be all boxed, 1.5" uni up front, and 65" long. There will be a wrap on the uni.

clarke1

awesome cage work. I really dig the A pillar logistics.. and the work going across the bottom is often overlooked but you nailed it. well done and no expense on the damping huh....lol im jealous

socalmoto

Pretty much finished up the driver side. Just have to add one more down tube on the engine side of the master cylinder and then im on to the passenger side. The plates going across are 1/4" with 1/8" over lays. Bump stop is welded in on this side and bumped travel is 22.5" at the hub face, strapped should be around 21.5"

gusseted the hell outta the main tube

Down tube from outside c/o mount to a pillar junction.

socalmoto

Driver side beam is finally done. Now that i had the shock locations i could beef everything up how i wanted

Also welded up the pass side beam radius arm mount.

And double sheared the ram assist mount on the swinger

glamiskid395

10,000 lbs. Lol. Mine is 6200 and this thing is way more than mine. :eek:

socalmoto

10,000 lbs. Lol. Mine is 6200 and this thing is way more than mine. :eek:
Well just the water in the jacuzzi is gonna be 2k lbs......so the truck will weigh like 220000000lbs when done jajaja

The whole truck?
Idk, i dont have a weight of the truck before i started this build so i have no starting point. I figure the front is roughly the same weight with pulling the heavy axle and other parts. I pulled maybe 150lbs from the cab but will put around 550 back in with the cage, seats, and center console. Rear will most likely add 300-400lbs over what was pulled off.

glamiskid395

Well just the water in the jacuzzi is gonna be 2k lbs......so the truck will weigh like 220000000lbs when done jajaja

Idk, i dont have a weight of the truck before i started this build so i have no starting point. I figure the front is roughly the same weight with pulling the heavy axle and other parts. I pulled maybe 150lbs from the cab but will put around 550 back in with the cage, seats, and center console. Rear will most likely add 300-400lbs over what was pulled off.
Haha oh damn, a Jacuzzi? Is it going to have sweet color changing lights?