Carnage from this weekend

cleartoy

Reaction
Had a blast in Ocotillo Fri night. Due to driver error, i bent my front bumper pretty bad. I landed on the nose. SO i have to cut the bumper off and make another one.

I never really liked that bump anyways, so now i have an excuse to re do it!

[image]http://race-dezert.com/index1.html[/image]

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by cleartoy on 07/20/02 08:05 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

cleartoy

Reaction
A closer pic that shows how far up hit.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Attachments

cleartoy

Reaction
Hit so hard the resivoir shifted!

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Attachments

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Oh man that was a pretty fun trip! Me and Ryan had a good nerfing contest when Ryan was driving his g/f's truck and decieded it would be funny to nerf me, so of course I threw it in reverse and hit him back a few times. Her front bumper got bent back a bit from my rear bumper lol. He started it, needless to say she was a bit pissed at him. We fixed her bumper today though so its all good now.

I didn't get a chance to get any video cause it was night and I was having to much fun.

The piece is running like crap though, something in the engine is knocking and its not inside the engine its self because it still runs pretty good and the noise dosent get any louder when I give it gas. So into the shop it goes Monday :( What a joke!

Flatbillers For Life!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

cleartoy

Reaction
Id say you got the jump on him, cuz when you hit reverse, you moved that little taco back like 12 ft. The brakes were locked up so it was moving sand and leaving trenches. Looked impressive.

Yeah, it was fun as hell. I was lucky that some cool Marines were out there to tow my azz out when i launched off a cliff into a gully. THats how i jacked my bump.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Here is the video clip of us fixing the bumper and Ryan's explanation of what happened.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/bumperfix.wmv>http://www.pencilart.com/bumperfix.wmv</A>

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"compacted" isnt that a term for wisdom teeth that are perpindicular to the rest of your teeth?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

toyoter91

Reaction
hey fish is it making the noise only when you are moving? or is it if you are just chillin idleing?

-Rob

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Its idiling rough and makes the noise all the time. It dosent get any louder when I am driving or give it gas. Also there is a slight loss of power and its getting bad gas milege. I beleve the timing belt might have just skipped cause I was hitting pretty hard (ripped front bumpstops off) and also the motor moves a lot cause the motor mounts are worn out. Its the V6.

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

toyoter91

Reaction
yeah its most likely that....is there any way we can convert to a chain or a gear drive on the V6s? lates

-Rob

shrek

Reaction
ATTENTION ADVERTISERS:: You too can reach this prime demographic!!!

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Hey Austin,

Thanks for grabbing my tow rope! It came in handy huh? Good to hear you made it back. We made it back just in time to get into work. Fun trip lets do it again, after you fix the piece. Maybe we can swap in a 22RE! I hear that they last pretty long.

Hey Jason (84Toy) thanks for letting us use the condo. Don't worry it was Pat's idea.

See everyone out there next weekend!

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Hey Dave,

Here is the only pic I took the whole trip. I think it was right after the jump you did when you smacked the face.

What was up with that chick who was letting her friends mob that 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Me and Geno saw that thing launching pretty far. I can see her parents face when the mechanic tell them the bad news. Whatever. What a joke! Huh, Austin.

Attachments

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well I would turn up the radio but I dont have one lol. That used to work good when I did.

Is that your rope Scott? It was just left at camp so I grabbed it. Cool i'll get it back to ya next trip. The next trip is going to be on August 3RD, because next weekend is the SNORE night race in Barstow.

I will be taking to truck into the shop on Monday to see if they can just adjust the belt and fix the problem. Also I am going to try and find some leaf springs and add a few to my pack so its not flat and have 2" of up travel! It would work well on a short course track right now though :)

Oh yea that Jeep, that chick was stupid to be letting everyone drive it and jumping it! She wasent even in it half the time! I dont think anything happened to it though, What A Joke! :)

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: ""compacted" isnt that a term for wisdom teeth that are perpindicular to the rest of your teeth?"

Kris,
That's know as "impacted". I had all four taken out at one time just a few months ago. One word of wisdom here...(no pun intended) don't wait till your in your 40's to have them removed. Much more painful and the healing process is much slower and you have lots of complications.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

cleartoy

Reaction
Thanks for the pic Scott! That is way cool. I never bring my digital camera or my video camera cuz i know they would get destroyed with the fantastic pounding we see out there.

Hate to ask buisness on a kicked back board but will you guys sell the Total Chaos kit by itself, or do you guys sell it only as advertised on the website with glass, cross shafts, shocks?

My lower arms are a little twisted(stock) after the jumping.

I love your Tundra bedsides.

You goin to the next meeting on the 3rd?

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Dave,

Yeah we sell the Total Chaos kits by themselves. We also have the Tundra Conv. bedsides too. Just give me a call at the shop 909-737-7223.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Thats what I call a ghetto fix on that front bumper!! But hey, whatever works!!

See ya in the dirt!

Bonzen

Reaction
Yeah, Yeah....

As soon as I floored her truck though, Austin wasn't able to push us any further! That 2.4l motor in her tacoma is actually pretty strong, just not fast cuz it needs gears. I remember Austin floored in reverse and me floored in first gear and neither of us were going anywhere. And a caged rear end with a 35" tire for pushing factor will always win over a bolt on front bumper, i just didn't realize that until it was too late! Needles to say, she was pissed, but understands that I'm a big jackass. Either way, whether i break it or she breaks it, i end up fixing it so it's kinda my truck too in a sence. But we wont be doing that anymore!

-Ryan
http://www.bonzenproductions.com