carrier bearing problem

John Gabriel

Reaction
I am looking to see what other people are using in their carrier bearing setups. I am using a pillow block setup and there is the 3 set screws holding it together. I put a few tack welds on it also because i was not sure about the set screws being safe. This weekend the weld broke and took out some wiring when it was swinging around in there. Does anybody have any solutions or stronger more reliable setups. This is what our sponsor gave us that is why we are running it but need something more reliable.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
Is it a new drive shaft? I had a similar problem with a new drive shaft the center slip yoke was to tight and wouldn't move in and out. So it was putting pressure on the carrier bearing!

Jess@HighAngle

Reaction
There are different reasons for this kind of problem - Angles can cause some of the problems - along with manufacturing process - there's a close close tollerance needed when the shaft is built - along with the right stufff to make it work -we use a stainless pillow block along with high speed bearing insert -here's an idea of what I am talking about - Jess

Jess@HighAngle

Reaction
we have had great luck with this set-up in desert and rockcrawling both -Jess

Jess@HighAngle

Reaction
in case you missed this picture-:)