• Forum membership has its advantages....

Catalog and Reference Data

rharriman

Just curious if people would be interested in a site where catalogs could be shared for those interested. Here is sample:

My Temporary/Short version of what I mean

I started one and wanted to know if people would use it. If so I will add more things, if not, I won't waste my time.

Thanks

racer56

You have a good idea, keep it going.

rharriman

You have a good idea, keep it going.
Thanks, I added a little more this morning, I have ALOT of material and catalogs like this. I just thought it would be kinda nice having it all in one place and no matter where you are you can find and download it easily. :D

rharriman

I will continue to add to it as I have time and if someone wishes to contribute to the library as well private message me or email me a PDF file with "Offroad Library" in the subject line and I will add it as I have time. I will give credit to whoever submits the info as well.

Thanks

FABRICATOR

Great idea. Some kind of cross reference by subject would help those of us who can't remember company names. :)

loufish

you got a good selection going...

FABRICATOR: Great pic of the PJ Blazer!....Loved that ride!
to tell you how old i am, I got to see PJ drive it at Riverside...

rharriman

Great idea. Some kind of cross reference by subject would help those of us who can't remember company names. :)
hmmm...

I am sure I could work on this also...

Some manufactureres make cross references also and the reason we all like McMaster Carr is that they offer such an easy to use index/glossery that you can't help but use it.

Thanks for the feedback BTW :)

rharriman

The "List" Continues to grow, was wondering if a moderator might be able to make this a sticky or somehow link to it so that its easier to find for new and old users alike. I don't make anything off this or with traffic to my site so I don't want to pay but I think this kind of information would help most people who are doing the work themselves. Google works but Its kinda nice having them all in one place. :)

rharriman

Thanks for the postive feedback... and the rep :)

I added some very useful additions tonight, namely Machinery Handbook 26ed. I know its kinda dated and is a pretty large file but it is also very useful. I have also added some techinical books on bolt grades, steel properties and mechanical engineering references. Some of it is kinda technical but I thought some might like to learn a little and also the reference is really useful.

I have alot of books and enginnering references in all diciplines (Mechanical, electrical, chemical, etc.) If you think they might be usefull or if you give a little more feed back I will be happy to post more also. I am also planing on posting some shock manuals and catalogs I came accross soon but haven't got them all assembled and organized yet.

Have fun ;)

rharriman

Thanks to which ever site moderator/admin made this a sticky, Hopefully I well get more work done on my site and I can post some more useful CAD and related info as I get it all together.

Thanks RDC :D

rharriman

Ok, I have added a few new things lately and was thining about a shorter easier way to organize it all. Do the pictures help or whould just text fitting on a shorter page workd better and how would it be better organized, a list of parts you are looking for on the left and links to the websites and catalogs on the right or alphabetically.

Since some offer alot of various products, would you rather see them listed in multiple places or for those retailer just a list of them in a more general topic.

Some feedback would help me a little.

Storman

Ok, I have added a few new things lately and was thining about a shorter easier way to organize it all. Do the pictures help or whould just text fitting on a shorter page workd better and how would it be better organized, a list of parts you are looking for on the left and links to the websites and catalogs on the right or alphabetically.

Since some offer alot of various products, would you rather see them listed in multiple places or for those retailer just a list of them in a more general topic.

Some feedback would help me a little.

Great job on the Catalog and Reference Data what a great tool I have saved it and am sure to using it a great deal! BTW it's great when you post one after another!! (4 Bouncing Avatars LOL)

diirk

Site looks good and very valuable info.

To answer your questions:

Do the pictures help or would just text fitting on a shorter page work better?
I like the pictures. They help sometimes when the name isn't enough.

How would it be better organized, a list of parts you are looking for on the left and links to the websites and catalogs on the right or alphabetically?
I like it categorized in alphabetical order.

Since some offer alot of various products, would you rather see them listed in multiple places or for those retailer just a list of them in a more general topic?
If categorized, then I would like to see them listed in multiple places. Makes it easier to find stuff, though a little redundant.

rharriman

I like it categorized in alphabetical order.

If categorized, then I would like to see them listed in multiple places. Makes it easier to find stuff, though a little redundant.

Thanks for the feedback !! :)

One more question, alpabetical by part name or by vendor?

diirk

I was going to say alpphabetical by Vendor. (-;