CBS? are you kidding me? lets do this!

speedfun

Reaction
It would be great if everyone would support the new kids on the block, the first race of 2009 is going to be televised on CBS in a month and it’s going to be a NORRS race!
Ya the guys we all talked so much BS about remember?
Now after being fleeced by CORR I think all of us should support our sport and our self’s and our future with the PDG and TORC-NORRS? And Lucas
NORRS would like to see Short course off road racing keep growing like it was!
I think we were well on our way to be the hottest new racing in the nation,
Till the well ran dry with CORR.
The guys at NORRS have worked hard spent some hard cash and believe what we do will be the next #1 most watched or liked auto racing in the nation.
I like the fact that TORC and NORRS have open minds to listen to US and make changes so we can grow and take this sport to the next level! Every one of us knows that our racing is extreme and exciting like no other racing
The nation is ready for something new! I believe 100% we are the next #1
So you’re right we don’t know anything about the guys at NORRS? Call Pomona call Lancaster call CBS like I did OK? THIS IS FOR REAL-- NORRS needs our support at this first race we need to support our self’s and we need to show the country we survived CORR and we are stronger and bigger than ever!
Some times you only get one chance? I am doing everything I can! like stick my big mouth on RDC-- I took my P-2 truck to the Padres season opener street party a few weeks ago- I will be taking it to some deal at Del Mar on May 3- I’m sending out updates to every company I have to let them Know our sport is growing in fact it has tripled from the start of the new year!
If NORRS didn’t charge us entry’s and gave 5 crew passes? For the first race, I think it would be a great way for them to show us what they can do? And in return we all show up and give them some great racing and it would be FREE? This would be in our best interest to show CBS sports and all of our sponsors we are driven to make a great come back from CORR? And for them to invest and trust their company’s names and marketing dollars with off road racing in 2010! Right?
Let’s not forget 2010 planning starts in June for most all national companies marketing departments, if we drop the ball on NORRS & CBS was handed to us? Monumental screw up to say the least right?
It’s going to be great to have some soled national TV ratings to open some eyes in my proposals this year and in yours too.
So would you come and support yourself-our sport-CBS and NORRS if the first race was free for you to race? And Norris should still put up some kind of prize money and maybe trophy’s?
Guys? We have an opportunity with CBS television? If trucks and cars don’t come and race it will be slamming the door in your own face? Are we going to be complete fools?
So the bottom line is don’t show up and assume you want to wait and see how the first and second race with Norris turns out? I think CBS and the NORRS group would be better off to look at some other motorsports venue that wants a future in the national spotlight would appreciates the money spent and the man power it takes to do this.
Ok so let’s give the nation some kick ass racing beating and banging body parts flying off faster than dresses on prom night!!!!
As DW would say Boogity, Boogity, Boogity lets go racing boys !!!
ok load the rocks start throwing- be carefull not to hit your own self in the head boys

CR29

Reaction
The last thing we need is another series separating drivers, we need to focus on what we have and hopefully combine them into 1 national series and regional support series.

speedfun

Reaction
I agree we should not be so spread out with 3 promoters all wanting the same drivers and teams
-- So should we just be stupid and blow off this CBS programming?
Everything is new and everything is confusing for all of us
One fact stands this will be aired on CBS to the nation.
I feel CBS has so much to offer us that it would just be foolish to blow it off?
This is one of three options we have and CBS right now?
This is a real good for all of us
So why blow it off ?
how many times has this opertunity knocked at the door and asked for us?

snakeyjake896

Reaction
I know I wish I could have the opportunity to race more. We only have five weekends all year so I agree if the dates dont conflict racers should be racin not researching if they are real or not. If they arent real hunt them down and give them a gold old fashioned ass whoopin.

eric2448

Reaction
I agree we should not be so spread out with 3 promoters all wanting the same drivers and teams
-- So should we just be stupid and blow off this CBS programming?
Everything is new and everything is confusing for all of us
One fact stands this will be aired on CBS to the nation.
I feel CBS has so much to offer us that it would just be foolish to blow it off?
This is one of three options we have and CBS right now?
This is a real good for all of us
So why blow it off ?
how many times has this opertunity knocked at the door and asked for us?
As of now only 2 promoters have TV... and why the PDG seems to want nothing to do with any series other than TORC, I dont get it, it does make them the TDG... Seems like NORRS is willing to work with them...

I apologize I didn’t realize that
No big, I guess you could say that NORRS will be the first race televised on a major network for the season...

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
It would be great if everyone would support the new kids on the block, the first race of 2009 is going to be televised on CBS in a month and it’s going to be a NORRS race!
Ya the guys we all talked so much BS about remember?
Ok so let’s give the nation some kick ass racing beating and banging body parts flying off faster than dresses on prom night!!!!
As DW would say Boogity, Boogity, Boogity lets go racing boys !!!
ok load the rocks start throwing- be carefull not to hit your own self in the head boys
Yes, I do remember making fun of the new kids on the block... No plans to support them now even if they are racing.

Attachments

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
I have a Great solution! Since TORC has no TV and NORRS has no Racers, How about combining the two. Man I amaze myself sometimes! All you guys can thank me later.:D

speedfun

Reaction
chuck it would be named after you too CMIORRS ? :D

norrs

Reaction
Just so it is on the record with everyone. We approached both TORC and Lucas, both series not only said they don't want to work togeather but don't want the unification either. We approached USAC to see about unifying the rules and sanctioning for both series and then TORC said no they are exclusive only with them and didn't want us being involved. Lucas said they dont want to be involved with another series and they can do it on their own.

So we then get the best of both. We expand the rules to offer more classes and lower entry fees (TORC), we decided the AMB timing system is the most common and most racers have the transponders if they ran last year (LUCAS). And not to rule out any Mid West racers as we are going to run several races back there in 2010 we are offering FREE transponder rentals for them so they don't need to purchase a new transponder to run NORRS.

Those things combined with the TV, Marketing, Venues and Non Biased Race Officiating and Fair Rules allows us to be a series that no matter what your sponsors were and are, no matter where your team is from, you can race.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
.... if TORC and LOORS want nothing to do with you guys why would the racers?.... the people at TORC and LOORS have been around A LONG TIME and if they saw a good thing they would jump on it!!!! i guarantee it !!

and you dont get the best of both worlds... USAC is a sanctioning body.... transponders/timing have nothing to do with being affiliated with USAC or a USAC type of organization

grass roots racing ....YES!!! that's noors!!!

big time show.....NO!!!

but thats not bad... everybody needs a place to race

norrs

Reaction
Well Adam,

Again you don't read the post that was listed, I said nothing about USAC and timing. But then again I believe you were the same person who said you were not going to talk about NORRS on RDC. No I would still not sponsor you. I said that TORC said they don't want to work with another series, not just refering to us but Lucas. And Lucas said they didn't want to work with TORC.
"they don't want to work togeather"

USAC was fine about working with us, but TORC said no.

So why would racers want to race NORRS. Because the WAR that exists between the two doesn't involve NORRS. If a racer want to be able to RACE and get a FAIR shot at racing and get TV time, not just on a premium channel (not that there is anything wrong with those channels, but people are cutting back on expenses and premium channels tend to go) so being on main stream network ensures it reaches the most viewers in this economy and provides the best sponsor ROI.

speedfun

Reaction
.... if TORC and LOORS want nothing to do with you guys why would the racers?.... the people at TORC and LOORS have been around A LONG TIME and if they saw a good thing they would jump on it!!!! i guarantee it !!

and you dont get the best of both worlds... USAC is a sanctioning body.... transponders/timing have nothing to do with being affiliated with USAC or a USAC type of organization

grass roots racing ....YES!!! that's noors!!!

big time show.....NO!!!

but thats not bad... everybody needs a place to race

HMMM I could be drunk:confused: but didn’t all 3 series start at about the same time this year?
All been around a long time? (4 months) So its in your opinion we should tell CBS there going to be our starter series for beginners?:eek: It sounds like you would complain if you got hung with a new rope:eek:
And so you would be waiting for the F-1 off road racing series- that race all over Europe this way you could show off your new 24 caret gold racing shoes? And your big boy driving suit with speed racers picture on it? :)

speedfun

Reaction
Well Adam,

Again you don't read the post that was listed, I said nothing about USAC and timing. But then again I believe you were the same person who said you were not going to talk about NORRS on RDC. No I would still not sponsor you. I said that TORC said they don't want to work with another series, not just refering to us but Lucas. And Lucas said they didn't want to work with TORC.
"they don't want to work togeather"

USAC was fine about working with us, but TORC said no.

So why would racers want to race NORRS. Because the WAR that exists between the two doesn't involve NORRS. If a racer want to be able to RACE and get a FAIR shot at racing and get TV time, not just on a premium channel (not that there is anything wrong with those channels, but people are cutting back on expenses and premium channels tend to go) so being on main stream network ensures it reaches the most viewers in this economy and provides the best sponsor ROI.
and CBS reaches around 10,000 times more than speed does! da