Cellphone Question

racer56

Reaction
Just say no to Nextel! You will thank me later.

michael_loomis

Reaction
iPhone.

Nuff said.

MattV

Reaction
Any one of those would last about 15 minutes in my possession. After that, it would be smashed from being dropped, or hit against something, or dead from being underwater. I have horrible luck with cell phones.

JoeyD23

Reaction
Lots of people like the BB Curve...I have the BB Storm through Verizon. I had a BB through Sprint and switched to Verizon this year thinking it was better and it wasnt any different, I actually have worse service at my house now.......

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Nextel and Sprint are horrible companies... Nextel walky talky part is good but the customer service blows.

Get an iPhone or a blackberry... your friends on facebook are on crack if they don't like it.... honestly they probably don't know how to use it properly. just my opinion :D LOL

Whatever phone you get just make sure it does all the things you want it to do and in the long run if you are happy with your phone thats all that matters because you are the one thats going to have to use it everyday! :D

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I'm gonna be the odd one of the bunch and recommend Helio, which is now part of Virgin Mobile. Now BEFORE you all go bashing my little jewel, allow me to remind you, I get the same basic stuff as an iphone (minus the touch screen and cool apps) on a plan for TWO phones, sharing 700 minutes, with unlimited data and internet for $95 a month.
But, I'm not gonna lie, my view is very biased. My Ocean saved my friends' and I's (is that grammatically correct?) lives. Literally. When their AT&T phones had no service, my Helio came through with google maps and got us off that bloody mountain...

My point is, the Ocean (2) isn't as cool as an iphone, but it's got everything you need, along with all the good stuff on a plan that's not as expensive as AT&T. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you iphone users have to pay over $100 a month to get internet and such?

Just my .02

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I'm gonna be the odd one of the bunch and recommend Helio, which is now part of Virgin Mobile. Now BEFORE you all go bashing my little jewel, allow me to remind you, I get the same basic stuff as an iphone (minus the touch screen and cool apps) on a plan for TWO phones, sharing 700 minutes, with unlimited data and internet for $95 a month.
But, I'm not gonna lie, my view is very biased. My Ocean saved my friends' and I's (is that grammatically correct?) lives. Literally. When their AT&T phones had no service, my Helio came through with google maps and got us off that bloody mountain...

My point is, the Ocean (2) isn't as cool as an iphone, but it's got everything you need, along with all the good stuff on a plan that's not as expensive as AT&T. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you iphone users have to pay over $100 a month to get internet and such?

Just my .02
YUP! $ 120 ish I'm on a family plan with my Dad and I have 500 mins a month unlimited Text and internet and I use my phone 24/7. If I didn't have an Iphone, I would probably just curl up and die.

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
I agree with most...Nextel sux...we use it at work...horrible customer service...and constantly having to replace phones...etc etc

I myself couldnt live without my i-phone......purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

glamisrnr

Reaction
Well went with the Tour and so far am pleased with the phone the customer service at the store was quick for me and very informed staff, maybe I got lucky LOL.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
I have been a sprint/nextel customer for 10 years now and have never wanted to leave. I have several friends with iphone and they dont get squat for service unless they are in mexico.

michael_loomis

Reaction

Just my .02
YUP! $ 120 ish I'm on a family plan with my Dad and I have 500 mins a month unlimited Text and internet and I use my phone 24/7. If I didn't have an Iphone, I would probably just curl up and die.
Nope! I am paying $90 a month now for my blazing fast 3GS which includes 450 mins.. ( i never use more than 600 so I am hoping to save some rollover here.. if not I'll switch to $110 for 900 mins) unlimited texts and internet.

The same thru verizon was $140 a month! The phone connection isnt as good as Verizon, but Id say about 90%.. and a few spots with better coverage. Google earth is extremely fast on this phone, as we found out in Bakersfield for lemons..

Only neg I see was the AT&T navigation is $10 a month.. when on Verizon it was 10 bucks ONCE for unlimited use.

ML Racer

Reaction
I have been a sprint/nextel customer for 10 years now and have never wanted to leave. I have several friends with iphone and they dont get squat for service unless they are in mexico.
Been with Nextel for 12 years with 60 phones. No big problems. AT&T has better service in Mexico than Nextel, but with Direct Connect, it's way cheaper!!

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
I must concur with my esteemed colleagues
also, when I'm at "work" I can go on rdc like I am right this second... and I also tracked v2r with this thing!! this is truely the most amazing phone ever made. even the first iPhone is still better than pretty much anyphone to date.. iPhones rule the world.. well at least my world!:)

Shaggy

Reaction
I agree with most...Nextel sux...we use it at work...horrible customer service...and constantly having to replace phones...etc etc

I myself couldnt live without my i-phone......purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

X2

Nextel work phone took a dump. They don't keep any on hand anymore and its takes forever for a new one to show up. Been using my personal (iPhone) for everyone to call me until they replace it.

MikeLeung

Reaction
I'd go with the Blackberry Tour...I currently have the Blackbery 8820, and I love it. But I love my wifes iphone even more. The Palm Treo is garbage...if you want a Palm...get the Palm Pre.

redeyedredneck

Reaction
Ive got the Blackberry Storm...

Phone makes me want to throw it in the river or under a tire sometimes but i love the Blackberry service.

Blackberry service on my phone and normal family share for 3 other phones through Verizon with a 700 min plan for about 175 per month.

Last edited: