Cellular Service in Mexico

Kyle

Reaction
I'm about to change plans and get away from Verizon, they've been shafting us since they bought out Airtouch.

I know there are some carriers and certain phones that are "world" phones, and are either dual or tri band phones. Does anyone here know of carriers that work in mexico, most specifically in baja.

Thanks.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Kyle-

I have outstanding coverage with my AT&T-powered Nokia. I dial 001 + area code and the number, and I'm good-to-go! I've made super clear calls from Ensenada, Guerro Negro, San Quintin and San Felipe with no problem.

Good luck!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I was also with someone in San Felipe a couple of weeks ago whose AT&T phone worked. My phone does not work after Rosarito and I have Sprint.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I have verizon and would not change it for anything. To get Mexico coverage you jsut call customer service and activate it. The reason they do not activate when you get your phone is because then you have idiots who run up the phone bill and then say they didnt know it cost that much to use in Mexico and want a refund. Verizon, ATT, and Sprint have best US coverage and you get what you pay for and thats why Verizon is not cheap like some other carriers.

What good is a cell phone that has crappy coverage but is low cost?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
My sprint works in San Felipe but I forgot how to dial out of the country :)

Go Big Or Go Home

SDranger

Reaction
Around where i live in san diego Cingular has crappy coverage but is pretty cheap and has cool phones. I second the verizon vote, ive had almost every other kind of phone and wouldn't trade verizon for any of them.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

robert_encinas

Reaction
my mother-in-law works for verizon and is in customer service. she said they will cover you anywhere in the world if you ask for it. my phone works in baja.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Cingular is CRAP.... I will only endorse them as a company if they pay for a TT for Robby...and even then I would not endorse their service

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

YZFster

Reaction
at&t worked for me all the way down to la paz...once there, it sounded like i was home

Go Big or stay there.

bajaboy

Reaction
I've taken a Sprint , Cingular , AT&T and Verizon over to Baja , The only two that work are AT&T and Verizon . In fact Verizon is starting to really push the fact that thier phones cover Mexico, not only the Baja region , but the mainland.

Bajaboy