centerforce cluches?

singlehanded

So I need a new clutch again last one was around two years ago. This time I think I am going to get a centerforce. Anyone have one? So its a ranger decriptions in profile, should I get a stage 1, 2 or a dual friction one? Which will last the longest the stage one? Right now it is my daily driver/ prerunner/ future mdr 1400/1450 race truck. any suggestions?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

BlueCoyote

The stage 2 is a bit grabby compared to a normal clutch. With a ranger i cannot see where you will need the extra clamping of a DF. Have never slipped a clutch in the toyotas. Only time i ever saw a CF2 slip was in a freinds Sami - trying to pull be back up a snowy mountain side (xmas tree hunt gone bad). Smoke was pouring out of the bell housing. We figured it was toast. Let it cool down, got it home. Slipped it a few times adn it has been fine for the past 5 years.

Who are you calling Coyote ugly?
84 Toyota p/u Rokrawlr
86 4rnr
80 Toyota MDR Project

BlueCoyote

Currently running Certerforce 2's in all my Toyota's. They all have big tirs (had 33 and 4.11 gears) and one was a dedicated rock krawler (aka lots of abuse). Did motors in each this past summer - with 30 to 50k on each clutch - they looked like new. No bluing of the flywheel, very minor wear, lots of friction material left. Only thing I did was blow off the dust, wipe off the fly wheel and reinstall. IMHO they are well woth the few extra $ and would suggest the stage 2.

Who are you calling Coyote ugly?
84 Toyota p/u Rokrawlr
86 4rnr
80 Toyota MDR Project

singlehanded

My friend just put a stage two in his 85 toyota and he really likes it, but the dual friction is even more expensive with more holding power 30% is it worth getting it or should I stick with the stage 2?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

cleartoy

I ran a Dual Friction in my old Toyota and it was great. The pedal was actually softer than stock and it would not slip. That was a mild motor, 33s and lockers.

My freind has had same results with stage 1.

When the time comes, i will install a Dual Friction in my currnet Toyota.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

ntsqd

Only thing I don't like about the DF in my Yota is that combined with the rear Detroit it tends to hammer the UJ's inspite of my trying to go easy on them.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.