Central Coast Off-Road Racers

Rocket 450

Reaction
I was just wondering how many teams are located on the central coast.Say from Santa Barbara To Paso Robles.Also what series and classes they race in.

steveG

Reaction
I'm not a racer but I am a fan and follower of desert racing.

clogking

Reaction
We run a 1600 car out of Solvang doing both BAJAs . Rocket 450 do you want to help a team. we could use help in the 1000. PM me if you want to help Us.

sandracer33

Reaction
Andy Grider & Kevin Curtis`s Class 10 team is based in Santa Ynez. There are more teams around here than you would think!

Rocket 450

Reaction
I also belive there's some teams out of north county(KAL_OFFROAD).And I saw John Grossini (Arroyo Grande) In Dirt Sports this Month. Looking forword to more racers posting.

steveG

Reaction
Johnny's in DitSports? That rocks! The July issue?

Rocket 450

Reaction
Steve yes he is! And clog king are you looking for help to prep or only the race. Ether way sounds like fun Ill P.M. you soon with my resume'.

AaronDixon

Reaction
Rocket 450 said:
I was just wondering how many teams are located on the central coast.Say from Santa Barbara To Paso Robles.Also what series and classes they race in.

Dixon Bros Racing is located in Lompoc.... We USED to race Class 7300 in BITD and sold our truck to concentrate on building suspension systems and other off-road related products. We do custom fabrication and race prep as well.

Aaron

MARK

Reaction
Dennis Boyle, Frank Hines, are Motion Tire/N2S Team in Ventura. John White is also from Ventura. Ed Alred from San Luis Obispo just bought a nice 5-1600 car and will race M.o.r.e. Eric Robinson from Arroyo Grande races a nice 10 car in CORR. Mike Ruane/Larry Roeselers 7 truck gets preped by Nick Cone in Paso Robles.

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
My friend and I are in SLO, we are trying to race our tacoma 1463 in the MDR series, we did about 3 laps in our first race but called it quits to save the truck. Not to bad considering how little time we had to get it running. We are currently trying to find a good shop or place to keep our truck at for prep and next year we should be running the whole series.

Rocket 450

Reaction
Was just looking at the PRO1600 site and it looks like the guy that runs that is out of colvis. Maybe we should include the Valley also.

ntsqd

Reaction
There is also a 7 truck in Carpenteria. Met one of the guys while meeting up with the new owner of the ex-Dixon truck in Carp. He spotted us on the frontage road & came around to say hello. Danged if I can remember his name. Rumored to have done pretty well at the 500.

VORRA-BJ

Reaction
lots of guys from the valley, i can think of 10 just here in sacramento and areas around here. and a ton of "REAL" prerunners haha