Central Coast Off-Road Racers

Rocket 450

RDC Crypto
jackassracing89 said:
lots of guys from the valley, i can think of 10 just here in sacramento and areas around here. and a ton of "REAL" prerunners haha

Thanks for the input jackassracing89. But by the valley I ment bako, fresno, clovis, porterville. Not that I dont like Sacramento( been to a couple VORRA races there. But damn Thats a long way to go to meet, and cheer for some people.

racer951

RDC Crypto
ntsqd said:
There is also a 7 truck in Carpenteria. Met one of the guys while meeting up with the new owner of the ex-Dixon truck in Carp. He spotted us on the frontage road & came around to say hello. Danged if I can remember his name. Rumored to have done pretty well at the 500.

The Chamlees. The Denunzio's, Chamlee's, and Scott Brady (ex Santa Ynez Valley-er who now lives near Sacramento) usually all race together.

ntsqd

RDC Crypto
zipperhead said:
Max(Klog King), Andy Grider, Quinn Cody, & doesn't someone related to the Swifts live in Santa Ynez?

That would be the Swifts themselves from what I've been able to piece together.

zipperhead

RDC Crypto
There are also a couple of old school desert racers from Buellton, namely Jack Mendenhall(RIP), Mark Mendenhall, & Slick & Racin Gardner. I'm sure there are more. I know that there are some of you on here that remember the Olds Cutlass that the Mendenhall's raced because I have seen pics of it on here & let me tell you that White Cutlass is BAD! I was lucky enough to drive it to the Buellton car show from the museum one year & wished I could have taken a lot further than a couple of blocks. Also at the museum is the Banshee, a blue Cutlass built by AK Miller? for James Garner that is OUT OF HAND for era that it was built in!

clogking

RDC Crypto
Hi John Get a hold of me we need help in baja for the 1000

Attachments

• BAJAOLDSsmal.jpg
    BAJAOLDSsmal.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 543

zipperhead

RDC Crypto
HEEEEEEELL YEEEEEEEAAAH MAX! Whats up with you & Gottemier & a Bike team for next year? I've been trying to take a buddy over to meet him & you. He over heard you & PJ talking about it at COD? I also need your adress & phone#, Baja here I come!

zipperhead

RDC Crypto
OH YEAH, nice pic of the Cutlass! Ive got a great pic of my daughter when she was maybe 8 months old in the driver's seat of that thing w/ a bid ol' grin on her face on my desk at work! Let me know if you want to go down & check out the Cutlass' at the museum some time, I'm sure it has been a while since you've been.

Rocket 450

RDC Crypto
Today during lunch I was reading the new issue of Dirt Sports, and on page 36 I noticed a familar looking car, with the caption above "1-2/1600 team of Max Hanberg/ Berrie Carr......." I thought I think ive seen that car before? Got home checked this site then whamo it hit me.

Thats ClogKing!!! Congrates Max. My post is paying off. I was simply trying to give the central coast some props, now Andy Grider, and Max Hanberg make Dirt Sports. Cool!!!

clogking

RDC Crypto
Zipperhead can't pm you? Pm me with your # . thanks rocket !! Valley boys geten some luv. Did you get my message rocket ?

Rocket 450

RDC Crypto
Max yes I did as I was driving though Butttonwillow this morning my cellphone rang and I got your voice mail. I belived you called me on thurs. I will call you tommorow

zipperhead

RDC Crypto
DAMN! we got bumped to page #3! Is that it? Hey MAx I pm'ed you so let me know if you need any help with the car this week or whatever.

uncledirty

RDC Crypto
We were up at Avlia Beach for a week. Yesterday I spotted a trick white Taco by the Port Of San Louis pier. Cental Coast Prerunner stickies, Total Chaos suspension, etc.
Someday soon,I hope to be a "Central Coast Offroader"

Martin

RDC Crypto
I live Part time in Cayucas wish I could live there full time. I race class 12 and 1600.

Dan

Rocket 450

RDC Crypto
We were up at Avlia Beach for a week. Yesterday I spotted a trick white Taco by the Port Of San Louis pier. Cental Coast Prerunner stickies, Total Chaos suspension, etc.
Someday soon,I hope to be a "Central Coast Offroader"

I belive I could be wrong. But the last I heard That white Toyota was custom fabbed by the owner of central coast prerunners. He as a shop in Arroyo Grande, but I dont think he races. Drove by there many times just never stopped to say Hello.