Central Coast Off-Road Racers

dadunc205x

Reaction
Website
www.seymourduncan.com
to add a little to the thread. kendall norman(honda 1x) lives in SB, and there is another class 7 in SY/solvang area that is the gildred's i believe. There are a bunch of others from the area that race as well, jon johnson(lompoc), jim castillo(los alamos), some people from mammoth moving(SB). Andy grider just moved to vegas, so he doesn't count anymore, lol. we have a ton of racers around here yet you wouldn't expect it.

ScottyA

Reaction
I don't live there yet but own the Shell station at the Spyglass exit on the 101. (Shell Beach) Stop and say hi and talk Baja.

Scott A
403x

steveG

Reaction
I don't live there yet but own the Shell station at the Spyglass exit on the 101. (Shell Beach) Stop and say hi and talk Baja.

Scott A
403x

Cool. How long have you owned it? Are you moving into the area?

Rocket 450

Reaction
Tell you what the guy I want to meet is you Steve G.Everytime Im out at Pismo Im looking for the blue Bronco you have in your avatar. And Scotty if your going to be there I would love to to by and talk shop.

steveG

Reaction
I haven't been out there much lately. I took my time replacing the engine in the Bronco recently and haven't driven it much since. When I do go out it's usually to play in the sand (literally) with my 4 year old daughter.

I am planning on camping/playing in January with some out-of-towners and a few locals. I'll post details as they get worked out.

steveG

Reaction
Summers and weekends near holidays are usually busy. Some super-busy. back in the dunes is usually very manageable though. Especially if you drive toward the back.

For riding or driving though, you just can't beat the off-season.

GOINRACIN

Reaction
If you add the Valley you can start with Rick Ellison (class 1), The Boyer Boys (2-1600 & CORR), Mattes/Ward (class 9), Point B Racing (class 2-1600, class 9 & class 11), Dan Bergan (class 9) and GOIN RACIN' (2-1600). I am pretty sure there are more but, those are the one's that come to mind. Those teams are from Selma, Bakersfield, Hanford, Fresno and Clovis.

Rocket 450

Reaction
i've never riden pismo, always wanted to but never got the chance. how packed does it get?

Next time it rains good head out there on a friday or early saturday. Best time on a bike by far.Just stay away on busy weekends, or cruise sand hiway in your truck. What other areas you ride around here??

Rocket 450

Reaction
I haven't been out there much lately. I took my time replacing the engine in the Bronco recently and haven't driven it much since. When I do go out it's usually to play in the sand (literally) with my 4 year old daughter.

I am planning on camping/playing in January with some out-of-towners and a few locals. I'll post details as they get worked out.

This is my son doing exactly that, at last years dune race.

003.jpg

Thats to much fun if I could be that age a gain not a care in world.

85yota

Reaction
I'm from santa maria here and race 1450 in MDR. You might have seen my truck driving around town even though it's not exactly street legal. I'm always out at pismo, usually sundays. Just keep your eyes out for this thing and stop and say what's up.
aMDRnightrace110-1.jpg

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
I remember this thread, good to see it come back. I just took a job offer in Santa Maria at Rizzoli's Automotive as a Service Advisor. I will be living in Arroyo Grande as of December 1st. I look forward to meeting some of you guys. 85Yota, I like your truck! I am a regular at the MDR races. I have only been to Pismo twice so I will probably be doing that a lot since I will be in AG.

steveG

Reaction
The Rizzolis are good people and their shop does good work. I write service at Supreme Automotive in Grover Beach and live in Arroyo Grande. I deal with the SLO shop from time to time (usually in search of Mercedes parts) and see one or two of the Rizzolis a couple times a year at ASC meetings.

Henry at Mufflers And More (a couple hundred yards down the street from the Santa Maria Rizzoli's) is a big fan of desert racing and regularly attends the Mexico races.

Congrats on the new job. Let me know if you need anything.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
The Rizzolis are good people and their shop does good work. I write service at Supreme Automotive in Grover Beach and live in Arroyo Grande. I deal with the SLO shop from time to time (usually in search of Mercedes parts) and see one or two of the Rizzolis a couple times a year at ASC meetings.

Henry at Mufflers And More (a couple hundred yards down the street from the Santa Maria Rizzoli's) is a big fan of desert racing and regularly attends the Mexico races.

Congrats on the new job. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks! My old lady is from AG and now we are having a baby so we are moving closer to her family. I really like the area a lot. I was born and raised in Ventura But I am ready for a change.