Central Coast Steel

Drayke

RDC Crypto
This question is for those of you guys who live on California's Central Coast (particularly around SLO):

where do you guys go for your steel?

Im also home in LA's San Fernando Valley over the summer & breaks so if you anyone knows suppliers in that area that input would be appreciated also. I know of Idustrial Metal supply already but i've heard that they are overpriced & what not. so, input please?

Last edited:

steveG

RDC Crypto
I've bought a few sticks of tube from B&B in Santa Maria. I thought their prices were fair.

firedog

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
This question is for those of you guys who live on California's Central Coast (particularly around SLO):

where do you guys go for your steel?

Im also home in LA's San Fernando Valley over the summer & breaks so if you anyone knows suppliers in that area that input would be appreciated also. I know of Idustrial Metal supply already but i've heard that they are overpriced & what not. so, input please?

Maybe try KAL off-road up in Atascadero...you might be able to buy from him or find out if he has a local supplier. He bent a tube for us many years ago. http://www.kaloffroad.com/

MARK

RDC Crypto
Give Mike at Central Coast Prerunners a call. He does all of our fab work on our 5-1600 car and is the nicest guy you will meet. He,s located in Arroyo Grande. Tell him Mark sent you.

la2baja

Familia
RDC Crypto
I used IMS all the time but for smaller projects or something last minute we use Queen City Steel in Burbank. I now go their first and hit IMS if Queens doesn't have what I need. They are just a few miles East of IMS and not nearly as crowded and prices are pretty good. I don't have an address but they are on San Fernando Rd. close to the Burbank airport.

CKY MACIAS

RDC Crypto
A friend of mine is the supplier to almost every exhaust mfg.. in the dirt bike industry Two Bro's, Pro C., DRD, DG, Big Gun. Yoshi... he carrys all different sizes and types of material the name of his Shop is called Reliable Source INC.. there number is 951-360-1908

Jeffh555

RDC Crypto
In or around SLO your only option is really B&B in Santa Maria. They are pretty nice to deal with and reasonably priced for what I've bought. Generally you have to buy the whole stick.

McCarthy's Steel in San Luis Obispo is a ripoff, horrible customer service, they actually don't stock tube and if they order it for you, they get it from B&B.

If you need smaller quantity stuff, go see Drew at Polyperformance in SLO, not cheap, but they'll sell you 1 foot and not charge you to cut it. Most of the people there are nice.

Moss2

RDC Crypto
Mathews race cars in Nipomo I believe used to sell us some tubing years ago. Not sure if he is still doing it but he built a lot of circle track and drag cars and had shipping containers full of all types of tube and charged a fair price.