Challenging TT Specs for the Baja 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
heres the real problem with your theorys trav......adam fanclutch or freemans or whatever real fast ten guy you pick ....on a dust free course could probably outrun 80-90% of the cars in front of them at this years Baja 500 for the first 100.......but we are not starting them in front , just like the class one guys don't get to start up front in score, just like the 10 guys don't get to start up front at the bitd races......here is a good example of how wrong you are about the speed difference,.... BITD qualifying, blue water challenge 2014.....10's and 7200's had the qualifying shootout....I think 2(?) class 10's beat me in the 6000lb geiser beast v6 ecoboost which only puts 293hp to the rollers at danzio......6100's put 330 to 340hp to the rollers at danzio consistently.......my 6100 trucks are 2000+ pounds LIGHTER then the TT ecobeast I was driving at that bitd race......the class 10's would have no chance in the qualifier against the lightweight 6100/tt spec trucks with good drivers in both.....ill give you a ride in Barstow when we shock tune in a couple weeks and you will understand.......883 showed 120mph on the gps during the b500, 10 car do that??? 340hp to the ground and 3500#'s , your ten car do 10 pounds per pony?? ....and ask your good buddy Cameron if he wants to have to pass class one cars with his tt??? not fun or safe and everytime a truck "overbumps" a junebuggy its a cryfest....do you really want that???? you started one minute(?) behind the 883 at the baja500???? DID YOU PASS IT???? or the 884 that started 3 minutes ahead of you???? no, I don't expect an answer....

Last edited:

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
easy solution trav, enter your 10 car in class one and I will enter in tt.....just to qualify....pick the race, I WILL MEET YOU ANYWHERE for the beatdown,,, :)...... get ready for excuses.....

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
Just how do you think they have done it all these years.
If Cl 10 starts beating tt spec on a consistent basis than you might have a case but until then I think your stuck behind all those slow trucks

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Defining "beating" We "beat them consistently all but first place. As pointed out here earlier in this thread there are always going to be "faster and slower guys".

At the end of the day no one else has posted facts to back up there opinions like I have. You can't argue with the finishing times from the Baja 500.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
heres the real problem with your theorys trav......

Here's the problem with yours Pete - YOU DON'T LISTEN!!!!! I never said ANYWHERE but the Baja 500 and 1000. I EVEN said I would absolutely concede that at Parker, Mint, San Felipe etc they are faster. I'm only talking about the 500 and 1000.

Jeez now I know why you get so upset at these threads - you don't actually read them! :)

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
easy solution trav, enter your 10 car in class one and I will enter in tt.....just to qualify....pick the race, I WILL MEET YOU ANYWHERE for the beatdown,,, :)...... get ready for excuses.....
Here is a good comparison of where the 6100's match up with the Trophy Trucks and Class 1. Had the Class 10's got to qualify, I don't think they would be close to a TT Spec time.

View attachment 156032
View attachment 156033

I don't know what you're trying to show but they would be 30th and the next 6100 would be outside the top 40? 50? All I know is that you did prove our argument about Class 1 vs 6100. Luke, Brady, Bebo you listening??

Dirty Harry

RDC Crypto
Website
www.harrysituations.com
Defining "beating" We "beat them consistently all but first place. As pointed out here earlier in this thread there are always going to be "faster and slower guys".

I am pretty sure that is not how most people define beating. I get what you are saying and think that you make a strong argument, but passing traffic (sometimes even other racers) is part of racing in Baja.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
I am pretty sure that is not how most people define beating. I get what you are saying and think that you make a strong argument, but passing traffic (sometimes even other racers) is part of racing in Baja.

If the rules state which ever class' first place finisher beats the other class' first place finisher than absolutely case closed and I will shut up however if we are going to sit here and debate which class is faster than you have to look at the overall finishing times of the entire classes. Everyone gets lucky here and again and I'd be arguing the same thing if ONE class 10 beat everyone else. Its not a true showing of the class, if the entire class, slow drivers and fast drivers, have a faster average finishing time than the other class that pretty much shows you who has the faster overall class.

crazyeye

RDC Crypto
Starting a 6000lb truck behind a 2500lb truck is not safer. Apparently this guy missed the day they covered momentum in basic physics.

Coast

RDC Crypto
I don't EVER see Cl 10 starting in front of TT spec.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
They use to start in front of the TT spec's . Until score realized it was a bad idea. I've hit several 10s when we started behind 10's. They are very easy to move! :)
A few cars were faster on some technical starts but not in general.

DK

Coast

RDC Crypto
I don't know what you're trying to show but they would be 30th and the next 6100 would be outside the top 40? 50? All I know is that you did prove our argument about Class 1 vs 6100. Luke, Brady, Bebo you listening??
That was a very deep sand course. Not much of anything else. If you've ever been to Glamis.... No replacing big HP Ponies ! Can't compete with that!
Maybe check numbers from silver state

DK

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
trav....I ASKED YOU specific questions...why didn't you answer them??? ...ill try again, did YOU, the class 10 that started FIRST at the Baja500 pass the 883, the spec tt that started ONE minute in front of you OR the 884 that started 3 minutes ahead of you????? .... I challenged YOU to the qualifying test YOU asked for....YOU are the one that wants to start in front of ME and claimed the 10"s would out qualify the tt specs......back up your bs or shut up, pretty simple.....or do you already realize that im goin to smoke you???? .... don't ignore with your smoke and mirrors, you begged for the showdown, lets do it......

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
trav....I ASKED YOU specific questions...why didn't you answer them??? ...ill try again, did YOU, the class 10 that started FIRST at the Baja500 pass the 883, the spec tt that started ONE minute in front of you OR the 884 that started 3 minutes ahead of you????? .... I challenged YOU to the qualifying test YOU asked for....YOU are the one that wants to start in front of ME and claimed the 10"s would out qualify the tt specs......back up your bs or shut up, pretty simple.....or do you already realize that im goin to smoke you???? .... don't ignore with your smoke and mirrors, you begged for the showdown, lets do it......

I passed 4 trucks that I know of (only numbers I remember are 845 and 842) in the first 50 miles plus another two two that were stuck on the hill. 4 trucks = 25% of the class in the first 50 miles which included 20 miles of speed controlled highway. 25% = a quarter of the class Pete in case you were wondering. If you count the other two that's 37% or over a third of the class.

I'm happy to have a go at it with you. I don't think I'm the fastest 10 car driver at all and that's not what I was putting forth but if no one else wanted to step up I'd give it a go if everyone in your class agreed to start behind us at the 1000 if I won. I'm definitely not afraid of the challenge.

The fact is no one can argue with the facts I've put forth; for everyone claiming that TT Spec is "far superior" the average class finishing times from the Baja 500 do not support that. Not sure how you can argue with facts but I'm sure you'll give it a try anyway huh Pete? lol

Last edited:

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
That was a very deep sand course. Not much of anything else. If you've ever been to Glamis.... No replacing big HP Ponies ! Can't compete with that!
Maybe check numbers from silver state

DK

I couldn't find the 6100 qualifying times but looking at the finishing times the first class 1 finished 3rd OA with a time of 5:25 which was 7 minutes off of the OA and the first TT Spec was 33 minutes back with a time of 5:58. The first 8 class 1's beat the first 6100. Hardly a "good showing" to support what you're claiming! You listening again Luke??? lol

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
Starting a 6000lb truck behind a 2500lb truck is not safer. Apparently this guy missed the day they covered momentum in basic physics.

No that is precisely my point, a 2500lb buggy has a much harder time effectively "moving" or nerfing a 6000lb truck. From both a mental stand point and a physical one, if a class 10 knows that if he's caught he'd better get out of the way or risk harming his car I'm pretty sure they will be more likely to get out of the way. Not so for a TT Spec.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
You asked for a showdown ...I gave you the FACTS from a 7200 against 10 showdown.....are you that IGNORANT?? And the two ten guys that beat me are the FAST guys, not you....Adam fanclutch didn't even beat me.....after I smoke you will you SHUT UP about matters that you have no knowledge about???

Coast

RDC Crypto
The only way to make starting positions completely fair is to charge large fees for qualifying all vehicles. ( Which everyone will claim is not safe as well) And start them in their qualifying order. That's if you're worried about your overall finish. But it doesn't sound like that's what you're worried about. You're just worried about passing a couple Spec trucks.
So I'd say put an LSX motor in your 10 car or stop complaining.

DK

BSchlimme

RDC Crypto
Yeah - but what about starting in front of the "Pro" Trucks?!!!

Oh wait. Sorry I had a flash back.

I am now officially old.

No dog in this fight. Carry on.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
I passed 4 trucks that I know of (only numbers I remember are 845 and 842) in the first 50 miles plus another two two that were stuck on the hill. 4 trucks = 25% of the class in the first 50 miles which included 20 miles of speed controlled highway. 25% = a quarter of the class Pete in case you were wondering. If you count the other two that's 37% or over a third of the class.

I'm happy to have a go at it with you. I don't think I'm the fastest 10 car driver at all and that's not what I was putting forth but if no one else wanted to step up I'd give it a go if everyone in your class agreed to start behind us at the 1000 if I won. I'm definitely not afraid of the challenge.

The fact is no one can argue with the facts I've put forth; for everyone claiming that TT Spec is "far superior" the average class finishing times from the Baja 500 do not support that. Not sure how you can argue with facts but I'm sure you'll give it a try anyway huh Pete? lol
my 2 spec tt's passed 16 of the class ones that started in front of them by rm 270.......that's 80% of the class in case you were wondering.....so do they get to start in front of the class 1's now??? according to YOU, yes.......and you say this is about the baja1000.... the last Baja1000, the most recent, if you were wondering, MY class 7 had to pull YOU out of being STUCK, does that mean class 7 should start in front of class 10, seems if we all used YOUR logic/ or should I say l lack of any, that would be the case........sorry your smoke and mirrors doesn't work on some of us.....

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
ok trav, pick your qualifier, v2r, imperial valley, bluewater, baja1000......don't puss out....you want to talk, now show how fast you are and back it up.....you couldn't catch a ttspec that started 1 minute ahead of you at the b500 but claim they are all in your way, PROVE IT!!!! .... another idea to shut you up.....I will cover ALL bets that bet on you, and YOU cover all bets that are placed on ME.... DEAL?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.