• Forum membership has its advantages....

Challenging TT Specs Rd 2

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I've decided to have some more fun and bring back this thread! After the last time I posted about it everyone (well mostly Pete) told me to shut up and come back when:

A) I've won a race (check - 2016 Baja 500)
B) When class 10 has beat the winner of the TT Spec/Class 2 (check - 2016 Baja 1000)
C) When I personally have actually beat all the TT Specs/Class2 (check - 2016 Baja 1000)
D) When there is a safe way for the Class 10's to start in front of the TT Specs/Class 2 (check - Stella).

So lets review the facts again:

1) Prior to this Baja 1000, the only TT Spec to beat the Class 10's over the last 2 Baja 500 and Baja 1000s was Larry Connor. Aside from him the Class 10's consistently beat the rest of the class and beat them by a lot.

2) Larry Connor now races TT and at the first race he races TT the first 3 Class 10 finishers all beat the first TT Spec/Class2. So now no one can argue that our class isn't faster than the TT Spec/Class 2. We are now faster as both a class as a whole and actually faster winner vs winner. Case in point not only did we beat the winning TT Spec/Class 2 on corrected time, we all physically beat him by all finishing before him meaning we were still quicker even though we had to pass and get around 20 TT Specs and 1 Class 2. Imagine how much faster we would be if we didn't have to contend with all that NOR did we waste 30 minutes sitting in yet another bottle neck caused by a TT Spec/Class 2 at RM 50(ish).

3) Prior to this years Baja 1000 and the introduction of the Stella system the argument could be made that it was more dangerous to have a big heavy truck trying to come up from behind and pass a lighter buggy. Stella makes that argument invalid as proper use of the system allows for safe and strategic passing without the need to nerf anyone.

4) SCORE and TT Spec/Class 2 proponents have said that finishing times dictate starting position so......

ITS TIME FOR THE CLASS 10's TO START IN FRONT OF THE TT SPEC/CLASS 2's AT THE 2017 BAJA 500. If they beat us then I will gladly start behind them at the Baja 1000. If not we should start in front them again and again until they beat us and vice versa.

And before anyone reads too much into this I'm ONLY ARGUING THAT CLASS 10 IS QUICKER IN BAJA THAN TT SPEC. I'm not saying Class 10's are better or faster or anything else other than when it comes to the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 Class 10's are quicker. PERIOD. The facts support this argument entirely now.

Pete's head exploding in 3...2...1....

Last edited:

JaysinDesignz

Seems like more of an effective conversation with Roger then race dezert.

clyde6196

Do you guys race in BITD? We got 11th overall at Parker not sure what the fastest 10 car did. I don't remember any 10 cars beating us at the mint either and we were in limp mode the last 50 miles of the mint going 30mph. We were planning on racing in Baja this past year but life happened. Next year though.

EBryant

Do you guys race in BITD? We got 11th overall at Parker not sure what the fastest 10 car did. .
Poor choice of comparisons. Starkey beat you by more than a half hour, 4th overall. But they ran on a graded course.

clyde6196

Poor choice of comparisons. Starkey beat you by more than a half hour, 4th overall. But they ran on a graded course.
I assume you are referring to silver state, the one any only time we were passed by a 10 car?

What are you comparing? I asked if they race BITD. Was only stating facts. As far as facts go, yes the only time we have been passed on the road is by that 10 car. We have been passed with a flat or other problems while stopped, but only once while on the road when running good and that was by that 10 car.

Bro_Gill

From above-

"Poor choice of comparisons. Starkey beat you by more than a half hour, 4th overall. "

SummerTime

Our team has broached the subject at a couple of Score drivers meetings and have been laughed at for the most part. We were told at the 1000 this year to bring results with faster times than the spec trucks, this has been done several times over by multiple class 10 teams. Our main concern is with bottlenecks at the beginning of races; it seems that the heavier weight and lower ground clearence at the axle of the spec trucks tends to get them stuck when moving in heavy dust at slow speeds. We know this to be unsafe as two years ago at the 500 we ran into one at about 25mph in whiteout silt and it ended our race. We have had several instances of waiting in bottlenecks for spec trucks this year alone. It has been my experience that the trucks seem to get stuck more often than the buggys do, but that is just my opinion. Both classes bring the speed no doubt, but i think we would see a smoother safer race with the 10's in front.

crazyeye

I asked if the 10 cars have lobbied to race in the afternoon at Parker. Don't see where I compared Parker to Baja in that question...... Lol.

Reading comprehension much?
why would they they race the same number if laps as the afternoon race.

clyde6196

Are you saying the Trucks don't race on a graded course?
I didn't say they did or did not. I simply noticed that you left that part out. Are you saying the course is the same in the afternoon as it is the 1st and 2nd lap in the morning?

Bro_Gill

Are you saying the course is the same for the Class 10 cars when it isn't a lap race and they have to start behind spec TT trucks? I am saying they beat the Spec TT trucks on just about any course when given the opportunity to do it without having to wade through tons of dust and back markers. If they start in front of Spec TT at Parker, aren't they still getting a better course?

EBryant

I assume you are referring to silver state, the one any only time we were passed by a 10 car?

What are you comparing? I asked if they race BITD. Was only stating facts. As far as facts go, yes the only time we have been passed on the road is by that 10 car. We have been passed with a flat or other problems while stopped, but only once while on the road when running good and that was by that 10 car.
2 things that are poor comparisons in your original comment:
#1 Parker vs the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 (which is what this thread is/was about)
#2 Your time at Parker vs. all Class 10's. Several of them beat you by a considerable margin, however they ran on a graded course.
All facts.

clyde6196

2 things that are poor comparisons in your original comment:
#1 Parker vs the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 (which is what this thread is/was about)
#2 Your time at Parker vs. all Class 10's. Several of them beat you by a considerable margin, however they ran on a graded course.
All facts.
Fair enough. I understand the subject is about Baja. I went back and looked at the times and damn that 10 car does haul the mail. Would be interesting to see how Larry Connor would do in BITD and conversely how some of the other 6100's would do in Baja that typically only race in the states. Interesting also is that the 6100 beat the 10 car by about 30 minutes at V2R this year. But again, I understand that is not Baja. Either way people will complain I suppose.