Champion Chamlee's New 7 Truck???

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
So Laurie, how about some pictures of the new class 7 to be driven by the almight class 7 champion Mr. Dan Chamlee...it is no secret that you have a new truck so how about some specs and pictures...??? We're all going to see it in a couple of weeks anyways...:D

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Yeah with the new King Kong's...

Laurie

Reaction
I'm not the photographer but I know there are pictures. I'll see if Thomas will release some. We really wanted it to be a surprise. Yes, we have a new truck. We are really excited to debut it at the Baja 500. It's looking really clean. Dan was out ripping it up and down our road and the Edison road that runs around our yard (Our neighbors love us). They are in the garage right now replacing the transmission. And planning on leaving at 4:00 am. We will be at Barstow tomorrow for a second testing session with King. And then down to have the roll cage inspection.

And though I've spent my share of time in the garage wrenching I can't give you details (I don't know them) other than the truck is a lot lighter and we have some King Kongs. It's looking really sweet. So come by Contigency and check it out.

We're praying for no kinks on a new truck but have learned lots from our 1st truck. And feel confident it will be competitive.

See you in Baja.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
SO is this a 7200/6 truck or still a 7 open?

Laurie

Reaction
SO is this a 7200/6 truck or still a 7 open?
7 open truck

4.3 supersixmotorsports v6 350hp
5spd manual

25in front travel
16in 4.0 5tube bypass
14in 2.5 coilover

32 rear travel
18in 4.0 6tube bypass
14in 2.5 coilover
37in baja w/ 17in KMC
14in sawblade rotors

Laurie

Reaction
When your reigning Champ you can't change classes. That would be a waste of the 700.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
When your reigning Champ you can't change classes. That would be a waste of the 700.

the good thing is that next year you should have no problems changing class then right?:D:D:D

Dezertpilot

Reaction
So let me get this straight, you didnt fully utilize the new 7200/6 rules just to keep the 700 number? That is some pretty azz backward logic, are you going to race it in the new 6 class though at least?

Laurie

Reaction
So let me get this straight, you didnt fully utilize the new 7200/6 rules just to keep the 700 number? That is some pretty azz backward logic, are you going to race it in the new 6 class though at least?
we did not build it to class 6 rules because we think that class is too open of a class and we like to have rules because it gives you a challange and keeps the sport fun. We really enjoy running in class 7 and hope to run it as long as there is still other competators to race against.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
we did not build it to class 6 rules because we think that class is too open of a class and we like to have rules because it gives you a challange and keeps the sport fun. We really enjoy running in class 7 and hope to run it as long as there is still other competators to race against.

See thats the thing, alot of racers are over class 7 and class 6 is pretty attractive. So far what is the entry list like for both classes? I wish you luck truck looks good and you have some top of the line parts to get the job done. Well at least you can race in 7200/6 if you choose to. Funny thing is the framed trucks have still been winning in BiTD to my knowledge.

Laurie

Reaction
So far what is the entry list like for both classes? I wish you luck truck looks good and you have some top of the line parts to get the job done. Well at least you can race in 7200/6 if you choose to. Funny thing is the framed trucks have still been winning in BiTD to my knowledge.
the current entry list for the 500

CLASS 6:
601 Benjamin Wright
602 Heidi Steele
603 Marc Burnett
604 Robert Pickering

CLASS 7:
701 Einer Gomez
*700 Dan Chamlee
703 Bill Kunz
704 Jose Canchola, Jr.
705 Heidi Steele
706 Brandon Walsh
707 Igor Galvan J.
708 Aaron Celiceo
709 Scott Ulrich
710 Fernando Manzo V.

thanks for your support, we hope for the best at the 500 and for the rest of the season. we plan to run some BITD races as 7200 as money permits.

Dezertpilot

Reaction