Championship Off Road Reveals 2021 "National Tour"

stephenrjking

Reaction
I use quotes because the "National Tour" is, uh, still rather regional.

June 6-7 - Antigo, WI
June 26-27 - Crandon, WI
July 9-10 - Elk River, MN
July 31-August 1 - Lena, WI
August 14-15 - Bark River, MI
September 3-4 - Crandon, WI

So COR has added Antigo, which was rumored to be a replacement for the cancelled Bark River date this past year, and which I am told has hosted races in the past (I'd love to see what that track configuration looked like). 12 race days, with ERX again a Friday-Saturday and Crandon's fall date a full weekend with the COR dates listed as Friday-Saturday, making way for the "neutral" Sunday championship and cup races.

A good schedule. I was sort of hoping for an openly coordinated calendar with the west coast, but if the rumored LOORRS dates are true, it is effectively coordinated even if not publicly so. That's a good full season; adding Antigo is a low-cost way of adding dates without breaking the back of guys on tight budgets, while continuing to build on the existing fanbase. It's a cautious but wise strategy, IMO.

I hope we get Leduc back, and maybe a couple of other Pro-4 free agents as well. Time will tell.

Last edited:

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
COR has told us they're really going to build a midwest base, and get truck counts up, before they even think of "national" expansion. Which is the correct thing to do.

stephenrjking

Reaction
COR has told us they're really going to build a midwest base, and get truck counts up, before they even think of "national" expansion. Which is the correct thing to do.
I 100% think this is the right way to go and hearing that they're thinking this way just burnishes my confidence in their management of the series.

This is apart from any selfish conceit that I like having more events that I can drive to.

sb4pro

Reaction
What do you all think ? Would it be cool to see him make a return to his roots or is he too far gone drinking the nascar coolaid ?
EB016B67-1529-4AC8-8CE3-ED9A2D5E05D1.png

afortune46

Reaction
We aren't coming back the way it sounds , A rule book that slants away from CVT cars and is sponsorship prohibitive. When you can go to texas and oklahoma and look at 40-50k year end purses and a rulebook that keeps things even vs slanted - its hard to ignore.

DailyPedal

Reaction
Website
www.flickr.com
Lucas left the midwest on somewhat good terms so I think it could be done. Such an awesome track it would be such a waste to not race offroad their
Exactly...it is about moving toward the future as this chapter closes...