Championship Off Road Reveals 2021 "National Tour"

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
I also agree!! Doesn't matter who owns Wheatland - I would think they would want to see that track utilized rather than sit there being wasted. I don't see why the Champ series couldn't work with that track the way they work with all of the other tracks in their series. The facility there is AMAZING and the fans love it there, as do the racers. Camping, fishing lakes, the drag boat lake, and a track that has a little bit of everything. Fully covered stands, a huge pit area, a legit car wash and a roundy round track that usually has Sat night racing all make for a Class 1 facility that ANY one would be lucky to include in their roster.

sb4pro

RDC Crypto
I agree! The Wheatland Track is an amazing facility and had a huge turnout this year in the middle of the COVID nightmare. I see no reason why the CHAMP series could not work something out with Lucas to make an event there work.
I’m thinking it’s Lucas who would be harder to work with than COR

DailyPedal

RDC Crypto
Website
www.flickr.com
I’m thinking it’s Lucas who would be harder to work with than COR
I'm thinking you don't know how tracks work. The promoter would be renting the facility. LOORRS would not be operating the race or TV so...

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
So? It's a great track so I don't understand your issue with it...
It's not that he objects, he's worried about the ability to secure usage.

...That said, I concur with others: Assuming Lucas doesn't just plow the thing under, no reason that the track can't get a date if COR is interested in extending that far. If there's a fanbase, that can be a good appointment.

The challenge for COR is that thus far all COR dates are also sportsman-friendly, which strengthens the existing fanbase. But Wheatland is prohibitive for the sportsman base, which means in many ways the event would be completely different from every other event post-TORC.

handmethemic

RDC Crypto
The challenge for COR is that thus far all COR dates are also sportsman-friendly, which strengthens the existing fanbase. But Wheatland is prohibitive for the sportsman base, which means in many ways the event would be completely different from every other event post-TORC.

I don't speak for the sportsman ranks, but I am pretty in tune with them. Travel to Missouri aside, the general "sweet spot" agreement among sportsman teams has typically been five to six weekends is a good full schedule.

(Disclaimer: that may be less accurate now that sportsman track time is getting crunched...)

RDC Crypto
I think that trying to do something at Wheatland is reasonable and possible. Some of you talk as if Lucas is still running a competing series. They aren't, of course, and as far as I know they have no reason to want to burn short course down on their way out the door by making it more difficult for those remaining to be successful. Lucas made a business decision to stop running the sanctioning body, but they still own the track- may as well try to get as many events as possible. In some ways, Wheatland fits better with the midwest series than the west coast anyway. Yes, sportsman classes could be an issue, but other than that it seems to make all the sense in the world.

freshwillie

RDC Crypto
I don't speak for the sportsman ranks, but I am pretty in tune with them. Travel to Missouri aside, the general "sweet spot" agreement among sportsman teams has typically been five to six weekends is a good full schedule.

(Disclaimer: that may be less accurate now that sportsman track time is getting crunched...)

5-6 weekends is still the sweet spot. if cor doesn't give us more track time were going to loose our poop

SmorrowKCORRA

RDC Crypto
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the sportsman raced Wheatland before.
No the Sportsman did not race at Wheatland during the Lucas Events. My series, (KCORRA) has held past events with UTV, Buggy and Formula 4x4 classes. For 2021 we (KCORRA) have two race dates at Wheatland for UTVS, and whatever other race classes I can get to attend. Hoping we get some buggies and truck classes to show.

RDC Crypto
No the Sportsman did not race at Wheatland during the Lucas Events. My series, (KCORRA) has held past events with UTV, Buggy and Formula 4x4 classes. For 2021 we (KCORRA) have two race dates at Wheatland for UTVS, and whatever other race classes I can get to attend. Hoping we get some buggies and truck classes to show.

That's what I'm thinking- if COR ended up doing an event at Wheatland, probably the best bet would be to get one of the higher level regional sxs series as support races. I'm not up on that scene, but other posts have suggested that those exist outside of traditional short course country. Maybe also get a couple of the higher end MORR sportsman classes to come along also and round out the show.

Joxracing

RDC Crypto

Contact the F4x4 and Classix folks, they had their classes cut for 2 more UTV classes in COR for 2021.

Joxracing

RDC Crypto
I’m sure they’ll be on the hunt for a place to race. Nothing like 10-15 race trucks becoming completely useless 🥴

Scott Rehn

RDC Crypto
As I am on the outside of the game looking in, I've never been to Wheatland but have heard nothing but great things about it. With that being said, I remember a few years ago talking to a LOT of the sportsman/MORR drivers about travel and different tracks. It was almost unanimous speaking to different teams, but the underlying feeling was that if a track was willing to help out the sportsman in a few different areas that (with proper planning & time off) that they would be willing to travel upwards of 12 hours one way to get to that facility. Wheatland from Green Bay is very close to that "11 hour" mark........so maybe in the future, with good growth, proper planning & scheduling, who knows. I'd say that COR in it's current state of entering it's 2nd year of existence, this could be a viable option. (it wasnt all that long ago we went to Topeka, KS & that was right around a 12 hour drive from the Green Bay area.)

sb4pro

RDC Crypto
Looks like Labor Day is going to be another awesome one 👍🏻

Attachments

• BE507957-72F4-449B-9B9E-9C1BE4E7A2C5.png
    BE507957-72F4-449B-9B9E-9C1BE4E7A2C5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 47