• Forum membership has its advantages....

Change your TT Legends rule SCORE

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
As a fan of SCORE races its time to change the rules to separate out the legends from the Trophy Trucks ranks. It is ridiculous that these "Legends" (no offense to Mr. Winkelman but has he earned Legends status yet?) get mixed in with the "Pros" of the sport. I'm actually a fan of the legends class, I think its a good way to keep some guys (and trucks) racing who otherwise might not but start them after the TTs. Do the Senior PGA pros play have their own match within the PGA competitions? No they have a separate tour. Same should be for the legends class. Seems dangerous to have some of these guys mixed in with the sport's best. After all if they think they have a shot at the overall why are they racing in the Legends class?

Let's make this positive change for the sport as it'll make great racing even better. And less confusing.

jon coleman

overall in todays tt ranks comes from a Stricktly win break or crash driving style, legends had distance running skills & Stay out of the pitts dont break things skills, not to mention no gps , i think a tru legends class should be without gps.some say thats dangerous, so is living.i like the concept, we could call it the 'aarp class'..

what does the race number followed by "T" mean? Turbo?

Im lookin at Tony Smileys entry...
I got my answer. The T is because there are two teams running the race #2 in Pistols Honor and this will differentiate the two twos. It's a one time deal for this race.

MTPyle

I don't see a problem with the Legands starting in the TT group. They are faster than the TT spec and should start at the end of the TT's

Let the old dudes have their fun. I am sure those guys just like racing with each other and when they beat the other teams its a bonus.

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see a problem.

Mike

jon coleman

formula mazda/ star mazda series has masters class, all in same race, same cars.age classes within any one class is a good thing for old has beens ,like me, it gets entries up, maybe a senior entry discount .could have classes like in mx, vet, senior, super seniors.yeah, u know those60+ year old guys that would lap you at carlsbad as they were on there 3rd moto in there 2 class race day in the middle of august.lets get a sxs age class started just for me.....

Let the old dudes have their fun.
They are a separate class. they should start with their own class. It makes no sense to intermingle them off the start but score them separately. And there are guys out there starting behind them who are contenders for the overall that are paid pros with gigantic sponsor pressure and now have a worsened track position because of this. Qualifying position is everything now a days especially in shorter races like this and since we are stuck with a draw for this race they shouldn't have mingled these up.

Respectfully, this is about fun but to many teams, the fast ones especially, its also serious business.

The old guys needed their own class so they could have a chance at a trophy.
But a few. Rob Mac and PAP didnt need another class to get a trophy. :):rolleyes::cool:

If they want their own class, then they should start as a class. Behind TT or even Class 1.

jon coleman

intermingled, every year i raced parker i was intermingled with la duke, gordon ect .in my jeep spd.top ' paid pros' that are in it for the money can handle it.if one driver has to deal with legends , seems that everyone will have to equally.so, if you got tt, $, and can at a minimum qualify, you get to race period.

Bro_Gill

intermingled, every year i raced parker i was intermingled with la duke, gordon ect .in my jeep spd.top ' paid pros' that are in it for the money can handle it.if one driver has to deal with legends , seems that everyone will have to equally.so, if you got tt, $, and can at a minimum qualify, you get to race period.
You didn't start intermingled with them, you got lapped by them. San Felipe is only 1 lap, so no chance of them getting lapped. If they are their own class, they should race as one. Otherwise, allow Class 1 to qualify and intermingle as well.