• Forum membership has its advantages....

Changes at Score

NIKAL

Read about some changes at Score and some class rule changes. First off when did Jose G become the President of Score? It says Jose’s the Score President & Race Director. Is Roger Norman still the owner of Score? If so it sounds like he is no longer taking an active role in the operation of the series and that Jose is running it.

Also as of a few days ago they released a list of new rules for several classes. I’m surprised to see rule changes only a few weeks before the first race of the season. New engine rules and engine options for class 5, 10 & 12. Track width for class 7. Several new rules for class 9 & 11, some are shocking like Big CV’s, Disk brakes and aftermarket wheels are legal in class 11 now! Some minor rule changes for a few UTV classes. Another big surprises to me was the transmission rules for class 1600 & 5/1600. Any aftermarket synchronized 4 speed gearbox is legal now. And in 5/1600 I found in the rules you can now rotate the trailing arm pivots + or - 30 degrees? And class 5/1600 is a blue light class now? That’s lame!

swiftracing5

I’m with you, out of the blue all “liquid” cooled engines were made illegal in class 5. We’ve talked to DC and are working to resolve but it did catch us off guard.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Read about some changes at Score and some class rule changes. First off when did Jose G become the President of Score? It says Jose’s the Score President & Race Director. Is Roger Norman still the owner of Score? If so it sounds like he is no longer taking an active role in the operation of the series and that Jose is running it.

Also as of a few days ago they released a list of new rules for several classes. I’m surprised to see rule changes only a few weeks before the first race of the season. New engine rules and engine options for class 5, 10 & 12. Track width for class 7. Several new rules for class 9 & 11, some are shocking like Big CV’s, Disk brakes and aftermarket wheels are legal in class 11 now! Some minor rule changes for a few UTV classes. Another big surprises to me was the transmission rules for class 1600 & 5/1600. Any aftermarket synchronized 4 speed gearbox is legal now. And in 5/1600 I found in the rules you can now rotate the trailing arm pivots + or - 30 degrees? And class 5/1600 is a blue light class now? That’s lame!
Jose G has been president of SCORE for over a year now. Roger is still the owner.

Bro_Gill

I see many of those changes seem to cater to the Mexican racers and the local promoters rules. In the limited classes, there do seem to be more Mexican entries, so they are catering to 'the base' if you look at it. No different than how 1400/1450 became a class everywhere from a local promoter's class. Some may not agree with the changes, but SCORE doesn't race in the States and many state teams in the limited classes do not support SCORE. It's a regional marketing decision.

dhjeepgeek

Taking the Water cooled engines out of class 5 is a big mistake. Easy to find out how many air cooled class 5 there are still running. Also more expensive. That's for Mexican car owners as well as US car owners. The reason for the change was to make it cost effective to race and be competitive with out breaking the bank.
Ben, thanks for being proactive on this.

NIKAL

Taking the Water cooled engines out of class 5 is a big mistake. Easy to find out how many air cooled class 5 there are still running. Also more expensive. That's for Mexican car owners as well as US car owners. The reason for the change was to make it cost effective to race and be competitive with out breaking the bank.
Ben, thanks for being proactive on this.
Did you even read the class 5 rules? Class 5 can run any air cooled 4 cylinder VW concept engine with open displacement. Or Any 4 cylinder water cooled engine may be used with a max displacement of 2500 cc’d.

yachtman

Lame....... you know what's lame ...is you say things here and you don't read the rules NO where dose it say Class 11 can run "BIG CV's" or 1600 /5-1600 have to run Blue lites. Yes they can run aftermarket wheels (class 11), been there 2 years. We are allowing disc brakes this year also. Before you start putting sh-t out there for racer to read.... DO YOUR HOME WORK. All were trying to do is make it safer and better for you ,the racer. Just to make it clear were are lettig class 11 run fiber glass fenders , hood and deck lids. Parts are getting harder to find these day and it wont hurt the class at all. Class 5 rules are very clear ,Air cooled, open displacement, WATER cooled displacement 2.5. Class 10 is open up to 2.5 displacement. or any of the engines that were allowed before will be grandfatherd in. Before you open your big mouth READ THE RULES or please call me and ask. Here is my cell number, call any time 619 572 8245 SCORE TECH

swiftracing5

Did you even read the class 5 rules? Class 5 can run any air cooled 4 cylinder VW concept engine with open displacement. Or Any 4 cylinder water cooled engine may be used with a max displacement of 2500 cc’d.
for the record(and to elaborate on my post) as of 1/29/2020, only Vw concept engines were allowed in class 5, water or air cooled, not sure if it was a interpretation issue or a revision we missed. EcoTechs were not going to be legal. Dans email to us was:

it says you can use any air cooled VW concept Engine a VW four-cylinder water cooled engine may also be used the water cooled displacement is 2500 The way I read it it is pretty clear about only being able to use a VW water cooled engine
This is what caused our panic, 90% of class 5s were illegal. As would be the last handful of SCORE Class 5 champions and race winners(basically everyone but McNeil). Dan worked with us and we were able to get 2020 resolved which is the verbiage you are seeing in this press release. Thanks for helping us out Dan, hope to get our rules air tight for 2021 and beyond.

NIKAL

Lame....... you know what's lame ...is you say things here and you don't read the rules NO where dose it say Class 11 can run "BIG CV's" or 1600 /5-1600 have to run Blue lites. Yes they can run aftermarket wheels (class 11), been there 2 years. We are allowing disc brakes this year also. Before you start putting sh-t out there for racer to read.... DO YOUR HOME WORK. All were trying to do is make it safer and better for you ,the racer. Just to make it clear were are lettig class 11 run fiber glass fenders , hood and deck lids. Parts are getting harder to find these day and it wont hurt the class at all. Class 5 rules are very clear ,Air cooled, open displacement, WATER cooled displacement 2.5. Class 10 is open up to 2.5 displacement. or any of the engines that were allowed before will be grandfatherd in. Before you open your big mouth READ THE RULES or please call me and ask. Here is my cell number, call any time 619 572 8245 SCORE TECH
Dan I’ll call you. But just so everyone else can see, here’s some snapshots of the Score rule book.

5/1600 blue light!

055A1926-D569-4884-A83D-6710E5B6ACBA.jpeg

class 11 CV joints. Btw other classes have said any VW joint and 930 was included in that.

715C2533-834A-4A2B-9590-8C18FF156D0A.jpeg

I did my homework!

yachtman

I made a mistake with the 5/16 rules, blue lite rule it will be remove. My point is that you are stirring up stuff. If there is a problem or mistake in the rules E mail and let me know it doesn't say BIG CV it says "any VW and oversize bolts .Thank you Bro GilL

NIKAL

Never has a 930 CV been considered a VW CV joint. type 1, type 2, type 4, but never 930. Maybe you know someone who is cheating and getting away with it?
The current rulebook does not show it, but I’ll have to look in a paper rulebook. 5/1600 & 1600 used to say any VW cv joint was legal. 930 was a VW “style” so even when Savage was running Tech those were legal in those classes.

yachtman

I.m here to help you, the racers. The rules are for you. If there is something in the rules in the CLASS you run ,call me and we can talk about it. I took this over 2 years ago and it was in bad condition. We (SCORE) all are working hard to make this rule book as good as we can

NIKAL

I made a mistake with the 5/16 rules, blue lite rule it will be remove. My point is that you are stirring up stuff. If there is a problem or mistake in the rules E mail and let me know it doesn't say BIG CV it says "any VW and oversize bolts .Thank you Bro GilL
Not stirring up S#it as you say Dan. I read that there were new rules in some classes and so I read them. I did not know a blue light was a mistake? Why would I think that’s a mistake? Do I think it’s lame? Yes I do and I shard my opinion. But why would I assume it was a mistake. Also did you noticed I asked questions in my Original post. I was not bashing or starting crap as you say.

BTW thanks for taking my phone call Dan. Must have had a bad cell as you hung up on me. But I’ll assume the call just dropped.

GBRACER

930's never came on any VW on a Porche yes but that is not a VW,
The blue light thing was in rule book last year we questioned it at teckat the 1000 and it never went anywhere was not confirmed or denied, we never did run one but we did buy one.

NIKAL

Never has a 930 CV been considered a VW CV joint. type 1, type 2, type 4, but never 930. Maybe you know someone who is cheating and getting away with it?
Bro Gill, Do you know how long 5/1600 & 1600 have been running 930 cv’s? Mid to Late 90’s? I just looked in two older rule books I have. Here is what the rule book said about 1600 5/1600 CV joints.

“May use any VW CV joint”

While I agree a 930 is a Porsche cv joint and never offered on a VW, Its the same design as VW and Score & Score Tech has been allowing 930’s in 1600 & 5/1600 as long as I can remember. We were running 930’s back in 2001 as were all the 1600 & 5/1600, and I know they were being used before we raced our car.

So my point is the verbiage that was used for 1600 & 5/1600 is the same as what is being used for class 11 now. Also I never said class 11 was using 930’s I said Big CV’s which anything other then a type 1 CV is bigger. But by reading the verbiage and knowing that same verbiage was used for 1600 & 5/1600 id be asking about 930’s.

1F4F6AAD-88A6-48D2-8322-EE0C7E3D113F.jpeg

Bro_Gill

Nikal, a 930 HAS NEVER BEEN 'any VW CV joint'. I have the rule books back through about 1983-4 era. I do remember when the CV ruled opened up to allow 930CVs. I also remember when after market front arms became allowed, when the 1" longer rear arms were allowed. I even remember when the rear end was allowed to not have to use the stock shock location for one of the 2 shocks allowed. You are arguing about a rule that never was. The rule states very obviously that CVs must be VW CVs, not VW 'style' CVs. 930s are not allowed in class 11 or 9 as written in the rules.