• Forum membership has its advantages....

Changes at Score

GBRACER

complete bs about finding stock drums try CIPI 1 or Pacific customs or many other vw sources they all stock drums.

dirtslinger

I'm sorry, but its not bull sh-t, yes disc brakes, Its almost impossible to fine the good drums any more.and the class wanted it. Yes its a stock class, but if there are going to race they have to be able to stop. Read the rule on wheels the aftermarket wheel they use is a copy of a stock one, you couldn't tell the difference just by looking, were also letting them use glass fenders, hood and deck lip. once have to look just like the stock ones. and once again there are getting harder to fined the good stock ones.
Nope it's BS, fenders and hoods are not hard to find at all, not only are original components easy to find, but so are re-production steel components. When you have a low horsepower car, weight is a GIANT advantage, how much do you think is being saved by replacing all of the fenders and hoods with fiberglass? That's a huge advantage.

Wheels are not hard to find either. Regarding your comment about the copy of the steel wheels, that's all find an dandy, but your new rule states "any" wheel, so what would keep someone from running a light aluminum wheel? Does the rule state it must be steel?

brad inch

the way off road racing is going,let them run anything they want and give everyone a trophy , most will be happy.

Bro_Gill

Nope it's BS, fenders and hoods are not hard to find at all, not only are original components easy to find, but so are re-production steel components. When you have a low horsepower car, weight is a GIANT advantage, how much do you think is being saved by replacing all of the fenders and hoods with fiberglass? That's a huge advantage.

Wheels are not hard to find either. Regarding your comment about the copy of the steel wheels, that's all find an dandy, but your new rule states "any" wheel, so what would keep someone from running a light aluminum wheel? Does the rule state it must be steel?
Well, you re correct, but the fix is not to complain about it, but to ask Dan to fix the rule book so it says 'Any STEEL Wheel 15"x4.5" is legal so that aluminum does not show up. Just the like the rule for CVs should be 'Any VW type 1, 2, or 4 CV is allowed' rather than any VW CV. That way, you won't see 930s running on an 11 car. In fact, Dan, I would LOVE to help you clean that thing up.

kyle_pc_75

My local Vorra series say they're sticking to swing axle but with Score and Bor switching I'm starting to stock-pile parts for upgrading in the near future
I don't think it's official yet, but we've been talking about it at BOR. Our 9 car counts are the most consistent out of any of the "classic" (non UTV) classes because it's pretty cheap to get into. I think anything that can be done to keep it as affordable as possible is good, and when guys are breaking transaxles multiple times/year because they can't find good parts that fit within the current rules and local (Utah) swingaxle rebuilding is a shrinking market, it seems to make sense.

y2kbaja

That's why I'm asking. At first I was against the rule change but not that I see some light I'm starting to gather parts. My 2-seater is bare chassis now and I think I'm going to make the irs pivot mounts now but keep it a swinger until the current trans blows up or the rules change at Vorra.

harleys dad

the uglier the drum the better it is, i personally would not put new drums on my car, the ugliest you f ind means oem and quality. the vw bettle is the most mass produced car in history with drum brakes they stop fine. class 11 is getting so far away from a class 11 it sickens me as i started in class 11 in 1975, they always stopped fine now they dont???

Bro_Gill

Uh, Dave, just like your view of ease of parts availability is stuck in the 1990s, so is your car most sold view. It is actually the Toyota Corolla that is the most sold car of all time. Yeah, it used to be bug... Back in the 1990s...

J BomBer

Uh, Dave, just like your view of ease of parts availability is stuck in the 1990s, so is your car most sold view. It is actually the Toyota Corolla that is the most sold car of all time. Yeah, it used to be bug... Back in the 1990s...
besides the point, you guys have been saying parts are hard to find since the 90s.

harleys dad

the limited classes are dead in Score and it wont come back with this, Martin I dont believe its hard at all to find things for a class 11 the same BS cant find parts has been played so many times in the 80s all the way till now that is why a 51600 is nearly a class 5 car now and a class 11 is nearly a 51600. I have consistently raced limmited car longer than most anyone in class 11 51600 and 1600 the entire oh we cant get parts is a load of BS its easier to modify the entire platform from what it was than look I guess, I certainly cannot see entries growing with this, as if some one can pay the rediculis entry fee they can afford better than these classes, A hell of a lot cheaper to race Record as at least they run on the same courses Score rapes one to use.

BarnFab

Dave, please give the vehicle model so I can use this. Thanks.
The VW Euro-van runs a 108mm CV which is 32 mm wide and the inner you can use feel free to buy and axle and test it. I only know as we looked at using them on the Subarugears Conversions when we were looking to reduce axle width to compensate for width of transmission . I could not get a real answer so I bought and axle and pulled it apart. Ended up going 930 due to availability and cot of parts and getting custom axles made.